Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Smile changed my travel date...refund?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club Gold

They changed my flight from an evening departure to the following morning. This does not work for me....will I be able to get a full refund?

I have tried calling them...but am not able to reach a human.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by gdavis
They changed my flight from an evening departure to the following morning. This does not work for me....will I be able to get a full refund?

Yes, WE cancelled a BKK-RGN flight on us, so I booked on TG at twice the price. I cant recall the refund process or timeline, but I think it was resolved satisfactorily. I sorted this out whilst in Bangkok.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: Thai Airways

Suggest you call again - response time is quick in my experience and staff very helpful. There may be reason(s) why flight changed for example due to the current Virus (flights cancelled).
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club Gold
Just got a reply from Thai Airways email...they will refund the full purchase price...but it will take 45 to 60 days to post!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Just got a reply from Thai Airways email...they will refund the full purchase price...but it will take 45 to 60 days to post!
That statement is not unusual. It might happen sooner.

MH once took 7 months to process a business class refund... so it’s all relative !

Edited to add.

Data point. My refund was processed and back in my Credit Card in 9 days.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Feb 17, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.