Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

DXB-BKK-HKG 70min connection time - luggage checked through

Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador

I have a business class flight from DXB-BKK-HKG with a 70 minute connection time.
DXB-BKK lands at 0650 and the BKK-HKG flight takes off at 0800

Does anyone know if my checked luggage will make it through to HKG if it is "checked all the way through"?

Or is there a chance that I get on the flight but my luggage doesn't get on the flight?

Thanks y'all
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cager
I have a business class flight from DXB-BKK-HKG with a 70 minute connection time.
DXB-BKK lands at 0650 and the BKK-HKG flight takes off at 0800

Does anyone know if my checked luggage will make it through to HKG if it is "checked all the way through"?

Or is there a chance that I get on the flight but my luggage doesn't get on the flight?

Thanks y'all
If it is all on 1 ticket booked inn TG then should be fine.

Of course all airlines have delayed bags from time to time - if this happens the bags will be delivered to you in HKG where you specify. But I wouldnt worry.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:41 pm

Programs: Air Asia, Nok, Skymiles, Infinity Miles, Aeroplan, Hilton Honor, Accor, Regal
I suggest you check the historical OTP. TG can run 1 hour or more late. Considering the situation in the gulf right now, I expect that delays are to be expected. The good news is that there is frequency between BKK and HKG
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
As long as the connection is legal, you should be fine - but as others mention, mishaps do happen so nothing can ever be 100% certain.
If you want to be absolutely sure, I suggest you travel with hand luggage only
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
Thanks all - my checked luggage made it all the way through.
The connections security line was super long and a bit stressful though (and no business class security lane)
Nonetheless, made it!
SK AAR likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.