Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access Thai Smile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by denkigroove
I fly SGN-BKK-FRA with WE and TG first leg in Y and longhaul in C. Since SGN-BKK is only served by WE will they give lounge access bcs of the longhaul in C?
According to Star Alliance rules, No (unless there are special arrangements.)

If booked on one ticket under TG, then there is hope. I see from a dummy booking that the SGN-BKK sector books into U class (TG Premium Economy, or WE Smile Plus), and that Thai Smile offers Plus passengers lounge access.

It is not clear how a TG ticketed flight would be treated, but presumably lounge access will be included.
denkigroove likes this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Apr 26, 2022 at 5:45 am
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Am I a joke to you?
With comments like that, then yes, pretty much - last time I checked (granted, pre-covid nonsense) KBV did have a TG lounge. And I have never been given a coffee shop voucher for a TG/WE flight in my life. Though I don’t travel economy so could not possibly say from that angle..
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
According to Star Alliance rules, No (unless there are special arrangements.)

If booked on one ticket under TG, then there is hope. I see from a dummy booking that the SGN-BKK sector books into U class (TG Premium Economy, or WE Smile Plus), and that Thai Smile offers Plus passengers lounge access.

It is not clear how a TG ticketed flight would be treated, but presumably lounge access will be included.
it’s a M&M award and the first sector is definitly Eco bcs I could only choose seats from row 43. Pre-Covid these international routes was flown by TG and with the *G Lounge access was the rule.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by denkigroove
it’s a M&M award and the first sector is definitly Eco bcs I could only choose seats from row 43. Pre-Covid these international routes was flown by TG and with the *G Lounge access was the rule.
Is the SGN-BKK sector specified as WE or the TG codeshare?

You probably should set expectations low, and ask politely at the lounge.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Is the SGN-BKK sector specified as WE or the TG codeshare?

You probably should set expectations low, and ask politely at the lounge.
It’s WE code. Of course expectations are low and if not it’s no problem. My hope was if the nearby countries slowly open up TG will take this routes back and fly with a widebody by himself.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 5:27 am
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
So I don't see why you would think you wouldn't get lounge access on an eligible itinerary.
I just did try this out flying CGN-VIE-BKK-SGN. First two legs weee operated by OS, last leg by WE.

Short discussion at the TG lounge but then granted access as MM*G.

The way back however was more difficult. They did not want to give access at the SGN partner lounge.
Old May 12, 2022, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

'partner lounge' - this can often be tricky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.