Search

Baggage check-in rules on TG-NH itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:04 am
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Baggage check-in rules on TG-NH itinerary

I have a reservation on a LifeMiles award ticket: BKK-NRT on TG in Business, connecting with NRT-IAH in NH in First.

- TG's Business free baggage allowance is two pieces.

- NH's First free baggage allowance is three pieces.

How many pieces can I check for free in Bangkok for that trip?

"In the old days," ISTR the rules of the "significant carrier," i.e. NH in this case as the overwater long-haul carrier, would apply, but I know this is a new millennium so don't know how it would work these days.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
in one tickewt r two seperate tickets?
If in one ticket it should clearly state for the whole trip
if two tickets then the respective rules will apply
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:24 am
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

One ticket. Where do I find the baggage allowance? I can't view the ticket on the LifeMiles site where I booked it.

On the TG website, when I enter my RLOC and name, the link for "Baggages details" only scrolls to a box with hazardous materials information...

Last edited by wpcoe; Nov 18, 2019 at 9:30 am
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by 1984SW
One ticket. Where do I find the baggage allowance? I can't view the ticket on the LifeMiles site where I booked it.

On the TG website, when I enter my RLOC and name, the link for "Baggages details" only scrolls to a box with hazardous materials information...
Can you pull down the flight itinerary for TG? It should be indicated like picture below.

Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:23 am
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joy16
Can you pull down the flight itinerary for TG? It should be indicated like picture below.

Hmmm. When I go to https://www.thaiairways.com/en_US/index.page, select "MY BOOKING," enter my RLOC and name, I get:

How did you get the format of the reservation like you posted?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I see the ticket stock is 202, so this ticket is not issued by THAI. That might explain things,

NH is the MSC I think, and so you’d need to check NH or with the ticketing airline (Avianca?)

Or establish a free CheckMyTrip account and enter the booking reference.

I’d be nervous if my LifeMiles account couldn't access a booking made using their miles .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.