DEL/BOM flights on TG

Old Nov 13, 19, 12:17 am
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: SK*D
DEL/BOM flights on TG

Hi all,

In recent days, TG flights to DEL and BOM operated on a 747-400 have rows 1-3 (First Class) showing up as business class seats. This happens on Expertflyer as well on the TG website during seat selection and check-in. These seats show up as blocked on EF, but are definitely categorised as business class. Further, searching for first class on TG to DEL and BOM shows no availability, which further confirms that these seats are not sold as FC.

I'm wondering if there's any possibility of snagging these when checking in at the airport? Has anyone done that?
Old Nov 13, 19, 12:23 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by RanChin View Post
Hi all,

In recent days, TG flights to DEL and BOM operated on a 747-400 have rows 1-3 (First Class) showing up as business class seats. This happens on Expertflyer as well on the TG website during seat selection and check-in. These seats show up as blocked on EF, but are definitely categorised as business class. Further, searching for first class on TG to DEL and BOM shows no availability, which further confirms that these seats are not sold as FC.

I'm wondering if there's any possibility of snagging these when checking in at the airport? Has anyone done that?
In the past, yes - but these days, they are sold at a premium as "preferred seats", so will only be available at a fee:
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/pl...page?section=5
Old Nov 13, 19, 12:26 am
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Thank you! Very helpful indeed.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:24 am

Programs: Thai Airways
If booking return flight from DEL on website cost is higher than on link. I have not checked if it is cheaper than website if calling office.
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:26 am
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by maerim View Post
If booking return flight from DEL on website cost is higher than on link. I have not checked if it is cheaper than website if calling office.
It's less than 48 hours for me now. I shall be flying in a few hours from DEL so I'm planning on getting these seats during check in at the airport. Will report what I learn later.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Nov 13, 19, 7:22 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Yeah, as with TG or Star Alliance elite status I bet you can get these seats assigned without charge at check-in if still available and you ask nicely.
Old Nov 13, 19, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Yeah, as with TG or Star Alliance elite status I bet you can get these seats assigned without charge at check-in if still available and you ask nicely.
It was not possible to sit in rows 1 to 3 at DEL FOC recently even though all the check in staff know me, so I paid. Others may have more success.
Old Nov 15, 19, 11:31 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
I have TG status and was recently denied 1-3 at check in at DEL but re seated at the gate with new BP.
Old Nov 16, 19, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Flyingbiker View Post
I have TG status and was recently denied 1-3 at check in at DEL but re seated at the gate with new BP.
Denied when requesting without paying? Re seated because BC was full as it (very) often is.
Old Nov 18, 19, 1:31 am
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

UPDATE:

So in Delhi, we (both *G) were told that we had to pay for those seats. When we tried to pay, the payment wasn't able to go through on TG's system. On return, checking in at SGN, we were told that those seats are unavailable. Currently in BKK, and will try to find someone at TG to see what they can do.
Old Nov 18, 19, 3:20 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
[QUOTE=RanChin;31748678]UPDATE:

So in Delhi, we (both *G) were told that we had to pay for those seats. When we tried to pay, the payment wasn't able to go through on TG's system..."

In this situation I would have expected them to allow/grant you the requested seat nevertheless, even without paying.as it was their (or who else's?) technical fault to execute the sales process?!?!
Old Nov 18, 19, 4:29 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
[QUOTE=Creole Spirit;31748898]
UPDATE:

So in Delhi, we (both *G) were told that we had to pay for those seats. When we tried to pay, the payment wasn't able to go through on TG's system..."

In this situation I would have expected them to allow/grant you the requested seat nevertheless, even without paying.as it was their (or who else's?) technical fault to execute the sales process?!?!
I think it is hard to argue with the "computer says no" mentality in this one, sadly
Old Nov 18, 19, 11:26 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
[QUOTE=Creole Spirit;31748898]
UPDATE:

In this situation I would have expected them to allow/grant you the requested seat nevertheless, [b]even without paying.as it was their (or who else's?) technical fault to execute the sales process?!?!
More generally, few businesses will usually give a free good or service in such a circumstance as the customer has lost ‘nothing’.
Old Nov 19, 19, 4:37 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
[QUOTE=Thai-Kiwi;31750220]
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit View Post

More generally, few businesses will usually give a free good or service in such a circumstance as the customer has lost ‘nothing’.
well - it is the airline's problem when they want to sell the first class cabin at a premium but (technically) can't do it.
In such a situation I would regard it as a means of winning over the customer

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Nov 20, 19 at 2:44 am
Old Nov 19, 19, 5:38 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Originally Posted by maerim View Post
Denied when requesting without paying? Re seated because BC was full as it (very) often is.
There was no discussion of payment that I can recall. There were definitely empty seats in C and only 3 pax up at the front.

Search this Thread