FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Will I make my flight? (Bali Domestic > International) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1987266-will-i-make-my-flight-bali-domestic-international.html)

Paren Sep 14, 2019 10:05 am

Will I make my flight? (Bali Domestic > International)

Hi

I am due to fly Lombok to Bali with Garuda (GA451) which lands at 14:00

I then need to take the 16:55 Thai flight (TG432) from Bali to Bangkok.

As a result, I have under 3 hours to get through immigration, collect bags, walk from the Domestic terminal to the International terminal, check in, get through security etc.

Is this enough time?

I assume there is no way to transit and check the bags all the way through to BKK as one airline is Skyteam and the other Star Alliance?

Apologies, I know this isn't Thai specific so feel free to move if needed.

Thanks.

Thai-Kiwi Sep 14, 2019 5:24 pm

For me, I would prefer more time on such a journey with separate flight tickets, especially with checked luggage. As far as Thai is concerned, you are originating in Bali, so if you dont make the checkin time, you’ll be out if luck. My limited experience in Indonesia is that it is easy to end up being short of time ... YMMV.

THAI offers OLCI at T-24, but you probably wont get the e-boarding pass, just a pdf acknowledgment. Not sure if that eases pressure at all.

I doubt Garuda will check you bags through to BKK in this circumstance. You can try.

If flights are already booked, then good luck. If not, I’d try and select different flights to create more time for the change of flights in Bali.

maerim Sep 14, 2019 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Paren (Post 31524491)
Hi

I am due to fly Lombok to Bali with Garuda (GA451) which lands at 14:00

I then need to take the 16:55 Thai flight (TG432) from Bali to Bangkok.

As a result, I have under 3 hours to get through immigration, collect bags, walk from the Domestic terminal to the International terminal, check in, get through security etc.

Is this enough time?

I assume there is no way to transit and check the bags all the way through to BKK as one airline is Skyteam and the other Star Alliance?

Apologies, I know this isn't Thai specific so feel free to move if needed.

Thanks.

Lombok to Bali is a domestic flight isn't it so why is there is a need to go thought immigration? Bags may be interlined. Thai to Garuda baggage was last time I flew with a transfer a few years ago. I have not checked but OP can.

hersh138a Sep 14, 2019 6:47 pm

It should be enough I have done it in 2.5 hours.

Paren Sep 15, 2019 3:10 am

Thanks all.

maerim - good point r.e. immigration.

I'll have a think. I may book another flight that gives me more time (E.g. with AirAsia) one way from Lombok to Bali, it's around £20 GBP so worth paying for the peace of mind IMO.

SK AAR Sep 15, 2019 9:27 am

Come on guys, this is a short domestic flight. 3 hours is plenty of time. The OP will be ready for check-in with TG 20-30 min after landing at DPS. Even if you have to collect the bag at the luggage belts there will be no problem getting to TG check-in in time. Unless this particular flight is prone to significant delays, there is nothing to at all to worry about.

Obviously, there is no immigration until after check-in with TG and exiting Bali/Indonesia.