FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   No more noise cancelling headphones in J ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1987100-no-more-noise-cancelling-headphones-j.html)

newshound Sep 13, 2019 2:24 am

No more noise cancelling headphones in J ?

A heads up that you may want to bring your own headphones if travelling in J. The last few flights in regional J have only had the crappy Y headphones available to J passengers.

Service was otherwise great but I'd be disappointed to be stuck with those headphones. Not sure of the situation on long haul.

Thai-Kiwi Sep 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by newshound (Post 31520238)
A heads up that you may want to bring your own headphones if travelling in J. The last few flights in regional J have only had the crappy Y headphones available to J passengers.

Service was otherwise great but I'd be disappointed to be stuck with those headphones. Not sure of the situation on long haul.

I use my own headphones. My current long haul experience with headphones is as follows:

BKK-AKL 777-200ER J. ‘Cheap’ white headphones that have ear cups (over/ear, not on-ear)

BKK-ZRH 77W J. Nice looking AKG headphones in a case.

No idea why the New Zealand service gets the shabby headphones, but I’ll check again when I fly BKK-AKL in a week or so.

Flyingbiker Sep 13, 2019 4:36 pm

Seems fine in long haul, good noise cancelling in J both LHR BKK and BKK AKL on 773 and 789 respectively a week ago.

maerim Sep 13, 2019 7:23 pm

My experience is same as OP's on about 30 regional (BKK-DELHI AND RETURN, BKK-BLR AND RETURN AND BANGKOK-MANILA AND RETURN) since April this year.

spk Sep 16, 2019 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 31521839)
I use my own headphones. My current long haul experience with headphones is as follows:

BKK-AKL 777-200ER J. ‘Cheap’ white headphones that have ear cups (over/ear, not on-ear)

BKK-ZRH 77W J. Nice looking AKG headphones in a case.

No idea why the New Zealand service gets the shabby headphones, but I’ll check again when I fly BKK-AKL in a week or so.

Maybe the connector on 777-200 does not support the noise cancelling headset? It must be 3 prong plug

Unterwegs Sep 17, 2019 4:05 am

Today on the 777-300 from HKG to BKK they had the noise cancelling headphones in J.

UAuhoh Sep 17, 2019 5:02 am

Originally Posted by newshound (Post 31520238)

Had economy class headphones in business class on BKK - PEK (4 1/2 hour flight) and then again on the return a few weeks later. One FA on the outbound sector told me they had "run out" of business class headphones and another on the inbound said that this route, PEK - BKK, was a new one and that they hadn't had time to load the business class headphones. Seriously, that is what he said. Just another small but steady step to the bottom for TG.

newshound Sep 18, 2019 12:23 am

I could kind of understand that they had run out of noise cancelling headphones. My experience with them was generally terrible, more often than not one ear piece wouldn't work or I would get a terrible squeal through them and had to change for a fresh pair.

pandalama Sep 23, 2019 9:10 pm

Flew long haul + short haul last week on TG. Short haul was definitely a normal economy class headphones.