Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Problems with adding non-TG *A FF number during TG web reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, IHG Gold, Accor Silver, Ex-Malev Platinum (RIP)

Has anyone else had problems on the TG website adding their non-TG *A FF number to their reservation while in the booking process. Attempts to enter my FF resulted in the message " Unfortunately your frequent flyer is not found or does not exist. Please, verify that it is correct and try again. (1395 - 9253)".

So after multiple attempts I just selected "none" to proceed with the booking.Once the ticket was issued I went back onto the TG website, to add the FF but with the same result and error code. Then I called up the Bangkok ticketing center and they couldn't add the code and told me to show my FF number when I check in. My view is that if the TG system is not accepting my FF now, it won't on check-in. Is this the case? Any suggestions?

Last edited by Aisleseater; Aug 30, 2019 at 3:52 pm Reason: Update to action
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
You should be able to add it during check-in, but it is odd.

You could email the Thai contact centre, and ensure the name order and spelling is exactly as in your ff program.

I recall once having trouble entering my SQ number into TG’s system, but that 15 years ago and IT systems have moved on. Sometimes staff screwup correctly entering the full code. I think it needs to be something like XXFFFFFF where XX is the carrier and FFFFFFF is the frequent flyer number. Probably depends on the backend system.

Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

It's definitely not a problem with the FF number, I just booked several tickets on BR (Eva Air) which is a *A airline, without an issue. So it's a problem with the TG's booking system. I now vaguely remember the problems I had when I last flew with TG back in 2010 or so, and there were problems with my UA FF. And I had to land up mailing in the physical boarding passes. So clearly TG hasn't systematically improved anything in the last decade or so, which probably also explains why they are still flying 747s with sloping seats in C/J...

Last edited by Aisleseater; Aug 30, 2019 at 5:11 pm Reason: Add specifics
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:14 pm

Just a data point, but I booked a ticket on the TG site a couple weeks ago and entered United numbers for both passengers during booking without any problems.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for these comments - appreciated.

Follow-up: I called the BKK TG Office several times, until I reached a different customer rep who passed me on to their supevisor or maybe another section who were able to attach my TK FF to the booking (I think on my fourth call). The FF is now showing up there. BUT the customer service rep said I should still make sure when I check-in at the airport that the FF is still attached. So it seems he wasn't exactly sure that it would "stick". Good reminder to keep calling until you find a rep who knows what they are doing as opposed to "there's nothing I can do" line.

I used to have specific problems with my UA number with TG and a lesser extent with BMI and Blue1 back in the day. Perhaps the fact that those airlines are no longer around is a sign for TG) I'd be interested as to why some airlines have trouble with a *A FF while others don't.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Just add your FFP when doing OLCI. Really not worth the time /hassle now.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:11 am

[QUOTE=Aisleseater;31474728]Has anyone else had problems on the TG website adding their non-TG *A FF number to their reservation while in the booking process. Attempts to enter my FF resulted in the message " Unfortunately your frequent flyer is not found or does not exist. Please, verify that it is correct and try again. (1395 - 9253[/QUOTE

Last edited by northsideguy; Aug 31, 2019 at 10:00 am Reason: Done
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

BKK-SYD on TG 475 in C. Ticket booked on the TG website. That's why I thought it was odd. Now and again OTAs have problems with transmitting numbers during ticketing, but seldom when you book on the airline's website itself. In the last few months I've used this TK FF successfully booking tickets on the websites of SQ, LH, JP, and BR - so it's not a FF number problem from my side....in the process of swapping away from UA to TK as my main FF program, as I won't be doing many internal flights in the US anymore and USD 550 at the UA 1K rate for United Club membership is absolutely exorbitant.

Last edited by Aisleseater; Aug 31, 2019 at 7:42 am Reason: Extra detail
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've not had any issue adding my UA MP number at booking.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I've not had any issue adding my UA MP number at booking.
Same here, LH M&M, last booking this week.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
Try manage my booking

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ma..._booking.page?

--> modify traveller details

it should work if you didn't fly yet the first leg.

Last edited by shimura; Sep 1, 2019 at 1:43 am Reason: misspelling
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Sorry to bring this thread up again... But, I am having the same issue adding LH Miles and More number to an existing reservation...

Everything else works, and I have double and triple checked my number from LH, copy and paste it also, but just refuses to accept it with the same error message as the OP is/was getting.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Sorry to bring this thread up again... But, I am having the same issue adding LH Miles and More number to an existing reservation...

Everything else works, and I have double and triple checked my number from LH, copy and paste it also, but just refuses to accept it with the same error message as the OP is/was getting.
Try using the TG App. Try changing the location on the TG website (some country sites appear to have different implementations).
Try using the LH or other *A website.
Call or email TG. Or finally, do during OLCI.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Encountered this error when booking a TG domestic flight last week. They had no problem adding my TK number and printing a BP showing *G status this morning at BKK.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Sure, adding the FFP No during OLCI or at the airport has never been a problem

Honestly, I don't get all the fuss/complaints about being unable to add the FFP No when making online reservations. Just do at check-in; it makes no difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.