Thai on-line booking

Old Aug 24, 19, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG Plat
Thai on-line booking

Anyone tried to book an international flight on TG website in the last week or so? It seems they have loaded some sort of new pricing structure. However it is SNAFU.

Take LHR-BKK-HKT return 22Jan19 / 17Feb19. If you select the highest price for business on the out flight on TG917/217 the return is limited to Thai Smile HKT-BKK at crap times connecting to TG910. If you select the return first as TG222/910 the same occurs that if you want TG917 you can only connect to Thai Smile BKK-HKT at crap times.
Old Aug 24, 19, 9:39 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by andyptrav View Post
Anyone tried to book an international flight on TG website in the last week or so? It seems they have loaded some sort of new pricing structure. However it is SNAFU.

Take LHR-BKK-HKT return 22Jan19 / 17Feb19. If you select the highest price for business on the out flight on TG917/217 the return is limited to Thai Smile HKT-BKK at crap times connecting to TG910. If you select the return first as TG222/910 the same occurs that if you want TG917 you can only connect to Thai Smile BKK-HKT at crap times.
Have you tried the multi-city tool? Also, THAI is really, really bad at loading fares for the different upcoming seasons (low, shoulder, high etc) when compared to the competition.

Many times I have been wanting to book a (decent) fare early, and those loaded are ridiculous full Y or an expensive Q fare.

Of course, this may be a new glitch (or a new low)....
Old Aug 25, 19, 2:36 am

On many occasions I've found the THAI website can't cope with stopovers or open jaw bookings, when it seems to only offer a (most expensive) full fare price.

Of course you can phone to book, but then THAI demands a booking fee! Seems crazy that it's cheaper to book through a third party, which must mean less money goes to THAI.
andyptrav likes this.
Old Aug 25, 19, 4:16 am

Yes, booking over Thai website is recommended for easy connections like direct flights.

Btw: You should check connecting flights via European airports as well. I.e. there are direct flights from FRA to HKT on some days of the week. LHR-FRA-HKT on TG could be more comfortable as LHR-BKK-HKT. As long as you donít want to spend time in BKK, of course.
Old Aug 25, 19, 4:24 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
I tried to make the booking - the problem partially goes away if you select the Silk Flexi fare rather than the Silk Plus fare.

Odd to see the drop down menu for cabin class allows econ/bus, and the other choice being bus/first. Is this an implementation of mixed fares from TG?
Old Aug 25, 19, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG Plat
I normally book flights direct with the London office but was told Thai had loaded a promotion fare only available on-line.
Today the web site is working ok and I can book the flights I want at the promotional fare.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Search this Thread