Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways looks like it might go out of business. Worth status matching?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways looks like it might go out of business. Worth status matching?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
NZ wouldn’t match my 2 years of ROP Gold validity period for even 1 year of NZ Gold.

Somewhat annoying as NZ refuses to allow me to use my TG*G status for lounge entry if I have my NZ number in the booking to accrue miles/SP to NZ.

They used to allow this, and there are even two fields in the system (FQTV for accrual and FQTS for status) - and other *A carriers do.

So basically NZ offers no *A benefit to me as a TG*G if I want to accrue to NZ.
TK has been known to do matches from other *A programs. Though there is supposedly an agreement not to poach customers like that within the alliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.