Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What’s up with HS-TKC?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.
What’s up with HS-TKC?

Saw that poor fellow on the apron today. Why would the strip an aircraft on a commercial air field rather than in a hangar somewhere or at U-Tapao?
Always makes me sad to see planes without engines

Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Sad sight indeed - apparently TKC has been "stored" at BKK since late January, but given the fact that the frame is 20 years old already (first flight in 1999), and this is how they keep her, my guess is that she has taken her last flight and is being used for parts

As to why do it at BKK on the apron, I guess hangar space is too valuable to use for that purpose - and they need parts at BKK, not UTP.
Disinto likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.