HS TWA

Old Aug 18, 19, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
HS TWA

Does anyone know what has happened to this aircraft and when it will be back? It is off the BKK AKL route and being substituted by a 777 200. I am flying in a few days and really do not fancy another session with the horrid angle flat beds on a 12 hour flight.
Old Aug 18, 19, 6:57 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingbiker View Post
Does anyone know what has happened to this aircraft and when it will be back? It is off the BKK AKL route and being substituted by a 777 200. I am flying in a few days and really do not fancy another session with the horrid angle flat beds on a 12 hour flight.
TWA hasnt flown since 15 Aug when we flew AKL-BKK. Just arrived back in AKL on a 772, but happy to have received an OPUP from Y to J. Even angle flat J is better than Y !

With a fleet of only 2 aircraft, and some additional maintenance checks due the RR engine issues, anything can cause quite a disruption.

However, I think TWA was supposed to have flown yesterday, but remained unserviceable. Chatting with the FSM, he told me he was called into duty at very short notice at 4pm (for 6:45pm departure) leaving him and his team very little time to get to work and prep the cabin. Crew did a great job (at least in J).

I am flying again AKL-BKK (in J) and the end of the month and will be watching closely TWA/B movements.
Old Aug 20, 19, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post

TWA hasnt flown since 15 Aug when we flew AKL-BKK. Just arrived back in AKL on a 772, but happy to have received an OPUP from Y to J. Even angle flat J is better than Y !

With a fleet of only 2 aircraft, and some additional maintenance checks due the RR engine issues, anything can cause quite a disruption.

However, I think TWA was supposed to have flown yesterday, but remained unserviceable. Chatting with the FSM, he told me he was called into duty at very short notice at 4pm (for 6:45pm departure) leaving him and his team very little time to get to work and prep the cabin. Crew did a great job (at least in J).

I am flying again AKL-BKK (in J) and the end of the month and will be watching closely TWA/B movements.
Thanks but as per my post I was looking for some more specific info re what is going on with the aircraft, i.e. is it on regular maintainence, is there a bigger issue and when it will be back on the route. TG491 for tonight is now showing 772.
Old Aug 20, 19, 4:57 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingbiker View Post
Thanks but as per my post I was looking for some more specific info re what is going on with the aircraft, i.e. is it on regular maintainence, is there a bigger issue and when it will be back on the route. TG491 for tonight is now showing 772.
Well, i tried with my comment that the 772 crew were called in at short notice.

Unless a THAI insider is prepared to comment, it is unlikely we will ever know...
Old Aug 20, 19, 8:53 am

It's in TPE now.

Search this Thread