Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Phuket International-Domestic-Intentional baggage transit

Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

I have booked GYD-IST-HKT-BKK-HKG via lifemiles in single PNR
the first 2 legs operated by TK and the last two leg is TG
Need i claim my baggage in Phuket airport?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by chunhim_lai
I have booked GYD-IST-HKT-BKK-HKG via lifemiles in single PNR
the first 2 legs operated by TK and the last two leg is TG
Need i claim my baggage in Phuket airport?
...not necessarily - authorities don't require that, but it depends on the question if TK will cehck it through to BKK or even HKG.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
But the OP will be required to enter Thailand at HKT (to continue to BKK on a domestic flight) and most likely the bags will be checked to HKT only and the OP will need to clear customs at HKT and recheck the bags with TG to BKK/HKG
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
But the OP will be required to enter Thailand at HKT (to continue to BKK on a domestic flight) and most likely the bags will be checked to HKT only and the OP will need to clear customs at HKT and recheck the bags with TG to BKK/HKG
It is possible pax is booked on the HKT-BKK sector on the international service that routes FRA-HKT-BKK, in which case special arrangements may be in place. This is a rare domestic flight where pre-selection of seats is possible due to the international flight number.

We would need more information from OP to comment.

edited to add:
TG 685 0 HKT 11:50 BKK 13:20 777
Daily
93% / 8m C9 D5 J2 Z0 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 T9 K9 S9 V9 W9 L0
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, the OP is arriving HKT on TK (not TG from FRA or elsewhere) so the HKT-BKK leg on TG will be a normal domestic leg like anyone else booking HKT-BKK for the same flight.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I haven’t flown the flight I mentioned so can’t provide definitive comment.

I have booked the flight on a domestic only trip, and I was able to select seats, which as we all know is unusual. Ended up having to fly at a different time.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I doubt that TK will put a four-flight tag on the bag.
With many airlines three is a maximum.

But I have a silly question. The OP will never "enter" Thailand. If that was a simple transit through BKK (e.g. IST-BKK-HKG), the OP would not need to go through immigration. Is it compulsory here because of the HKT-BKK?
I have not flown HKT-BKK-Europe for a long time (since the new terminal). But it used to be that all HKT-BKK flights allowed pax to clear immigration in HKT and arrive in the international area of BKK. Is that gone with the new terminal?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
IBut I have a silly question. The OP will never "enter" Thailand. If that was a simple transit through BKK (e.g. IST-BKK-HKG), the OP would not need to go through immigration. Is it compulsory here because of the HKT-BKK?
But the HKT-BKK domestic leg makes a big difference here; the OP is not continuing on an int. flight departing Thailand. If the OP arrived BKK on say a TK flight and had a connecting domestic TG flight to HKT, no one in here would ever suggest that the OP would be able to remain in transit and clear immigration at HKT; of course the OP would have to enter Thailand at BKK first and proceed to the domestic flight as all other pax originating in Thailand. Likewise, there is no way the OP would be able to remain in transit at HKT and blend in with other domestic pax for flight to BKK. How would the OP clear immigration at BKK? - or as the Thai immigration authorities will view it; it would be very easy for the OP to get into Thailand circumventing Thai immigration, registration etc. as the TG domestic flight will dock at the domestic part (concourse A/B) and the OP will never get to the transit area and clear immigration to enter Thailand - the OP is already in Thailand when departing on a domestic flight! (I'm aware of the special arrangement with CIQ stickers for pax connecting to int. flight at BKK and having cleared immigration at e.g. HKT)
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I get your point. But wouldn't it also apply to the CIQ pax who got out of Thailand at HKT (cleared outgoing immigration)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.