FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Child lounge policy for Royal Silk Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1976829-child-lounge-policy-royal-silk-lounge.html)

Kentaro Miyaji Jul 4, 2019 11:12 pm

Child lounge policy for Royal Silk Lounge

I am flying with my wife and 2 kids (5years and 2 years) on TG and i am Krisflyer gold member. I can bring 1 guest who is my wife...I heard the child policy for TG is 6 years old and below free ...anyone had any experience if kids below 6 years are not counted as a guest

Thai-Kiwi Jul 5, 2019 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Kentaro Miyaji (Post 31270916)
I am flying with my wife and 2 kids (5years and 2 years) on TG and i am Krisflyer gold member. I can bring 1 guest who is my wife...I heard the child policy for TG is 6 years old and below free ...anyone had any experience if kids below 6 years are not counted as a guest

No problems with TG*G. I had kids 10 and 12, for three years working in Bangkok, plus Mrs TK, and never a lounge problem.

KF*G should get the same treatment. Enjoy.

Kentaro Miyaji Jul 5, 2019 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 31271096)
No problems with TG*G. I had kids 10 and 12, for three years working in Bangkok, plus Mrs TK, and never a lounge problem.

KF*G should get the same treatment. Enjoy.

good to know that..will try end of this month and report back

Thaikwai Jul 10, 2019 8:02 am

I agree with Thai-Kiwi......you should be OK, but both he and I have the experience as members of THAI's ROP program. It will be down to the Lounge Dragon on the day, whether she extends the privilege to you.

Sawasdee Jul 10, 2019 12:16 pm

I am a Star Slliance gold and traveled with 10 and 13 year old ones last year and the third person got denied at a Royal Silk Lounge in BKK. We left and went to the Miracle First Class lounge right by gate D6 using my Priority Pass card. Miracle lounge is fantastic and less crowed. It will be our go-to lounge going forward despite the fact that my wife (also a Star Aliiance gold) travels with us and all of us should be able to get into the Royal Silk.

Thai-Kiwi Jul 10, 2019 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sawasdee (Post 31289798)
I am a Star Slliance gold and traveled with 10 and 13 year old ones last year and the third person got denied at a Royal Silk Lounge in BKK. We left and went to the Miracle First Class lounge right by gate D6 using my Priority Pass card. Miracle lounge is fantastic and less crowed. It will be our go-to lounge going forward despite the fact that my wife (also a Star Aliiance gold) travels with us and all of us should be able to get into the Royal Silk.

You and your wife could have each guested in 1 child/adult as you are both *G. What was the issue?

flyerby Jul 11, 2019 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Sawasdee (Post 31289798)

TG lounge also accepts PP and anyway there are many other good *A lounges at BKK: TK, BR & SQ.

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 31289872)
You and your wife could have each guested in 1 child/adult as you are both *G. What was the issue?

I think OP didn’t not fly that specific time with his wife.

Sawasdee Jul 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 31289872)

I was traveling with my children without my wife when I tried to get into the Royal Silk Lounge. Now even with my wife traveling with all of us, we opt for the Miracle First Class Lounge using our Priority Pass cards.

flyerby Jul 15, 2019 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Sawasdee (Post 31303893)
I was traveling with my children without my wife when I tried to get into the Royal Silk Lounge. Now even with my wife traveling with all of us, we opt for the Miracle First Class Lounge using our Priority Pass cards.

Why won’t you go to the other *A lounges at BKK?

Sawasdee Jul 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by flyerby (Post 31304639)
Why won’t you go to the other *A lounges at BKK?

We tried both EVA and SQ. They are just ok.

Thaikwai Jul 22, 2019 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Sawasdee (Post 31306824)
We tried both EVA and SQ. They are just ok.

In my opinion, these are all better than the Miracle FC Lounge.........

Kentaro Miyaji Jul 26, 2019 11:39 pm

Finally we did not go to TG lounge but to Kris Lounge .. they allowed us to go in with 2 kids+ 2 adults...

Thaikwai Jul 27, 2019 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Kentaro Miyaji (Post 31347489)
Finally we did not go to TG lounge but to Kris Lounge .. they allowed us to go in with 2 kids+ 2 adults...

Happy Days......