Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways online credit card verification extremely irritating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways online credit card verification extremely irritating

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
I think Mike is right.
You all may be right in 'blaming' the CC emittent - but for a customer, who may be 'lacking' similar previous experiences with other failing online purchases, the poor impression remains the same - he will always first blame the company where his purchase attempt has failed.

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Jul 8, 2019 at 1:37 am
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
I think Mike is right.
You all may be right in 'blaming' the CC emittent - but for a customer, who may be 'lacking' similar previous experiences with other failing online purchases, the poor impression remains the same - he will always blame the company where his purchase attempt has failed.
Perhaps. He mentioned the card working, in a clunky way before and now failing. So either his bank/merchant has changed things, or THAI has changed things(or possibly both).

In the absence of an outcry from fussy ROP board members over new credit card issues, I'd suggest his bank/merchant is the root cause. Any poor impression of THAI is unfortunate, but issues with the bank shouldn't be discarded either.

In a perfect world, of course, such issues wouldn't arise and we'd have nothing to discuss
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
It could also be that the cc imposes stricter verification for a USD1,000 than for a USD50 purchase. Especially if you present the card in person at a shop or restaurant.
Again, little to do with TG per se.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
maybe you all are all right, but the first bad impression stems from Thai Airways (regardless if they are responsible or not).
Only later one recognizes that the fault may stem from CC-emitter.
I would also assume that TG as the seller should have a serious interest in avoiding such poor impression.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
maybe you all are all right, but the first bad impression stems from Thai Airways (regardless if they are responsible or not).
Only later one recognizes that the fault may stem from CC-emitter.
I would also assume that TG as the seller should have a serious interest in avoiding such poor impression.
But how many passengers are actually experiencing this? Your point on ‘bad impression’ might be valid if there were thousands of pax complaining, but I don’t see that...

I can understand the annoyance for the OP ...
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found today that ROP Gold members are exempt from needing to present their credit card:

Royal Orchid Plus
For ROP Gold member who have used their own payment card for purchase of the ticket for themselves will be exempt from present payment card during Check-in.
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/Terms.../pp_terms.page

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.