Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

separate tickets: TG baggage interline to JL/AA

Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat

Due to needing a redeye departure from BKK, I am contemplating booking TG Y-cabin ticket BKK-NRT with onward travel on separate JL/AA J-cabin ticket. Due to 2 hour 35 minute transit time at NRT, I can fly this itinerary only if TG ground staff at BKK are willing to check my baggage through onto JL.

TG website lists JL as one of their interline partners, so I would assume that TG can check baggage through to JL.
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/Terms...e_partner.page

This thread has recent information but discusses TG to QR interline situation.
Checking in at HKT and interline agreement

Someone asked for datapoints on TG to JL interline on separate tickets and never received a response
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...6&postcount=39

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
This topic has been discussed several times in this TG forum and the general consensus is that TG is very good at checking bags to final destination even on separate tickets. Admittedly, I have no recent or first hand experience with TG -> JL at NRT, but I wouldn't expect it to be any different from the other inquiries and answers in this forum - so I'm 95% sure that it will not be an issue. In the past TG did this for me for BKK-HKG flight with TG and HKG-IST on TK (separate tickets of course).

Anyway, with 2h35m there should be enough time to clear immigration at NRT and pick-up your bags from the belts for re-checkin with JL, if TG refuse to check bags to final destination - things work very efficient at NRT.

I wouldn't worry about it.
anaidross likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:25 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
TG staff in Bangkok are generally good and I've checked bags through to other carriers without any problems. (The BKK airport staff for other airlines tend to be really hit or miss though...)

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Anyway, with 2h35m there should be enough time to clear immigration at NRT and pick-up your bags from the belts for re-checkin with JL, if TG refuse to check bags to final destination - things work very efficient at NRT.
Note that TG is in Terminal 1 and JL is in Terminal 2 so transferring landside is quite a bit longer (airside is easy). At peak times immigration lines can be somewhat long as well, but early morning should be fine. 2h35m should be doable even if you have to clear immigration as long as the TG flight is on time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.