FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Checking in at HKT and interline agreement (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1973337-checking-hkt-interline-agreement.html)

merijn Jun 9, 2019 7:00 pm

Checking in at HKT and interline agreement

I have a question about the check in options at Phuket international airport.

I will be flying from HKT to BKK with Thai and then to DOHA with Qatar. ( Both on separate tickets.)

Can i still check in at the international airport and label my luggage all the way to my end destination (Thai and Qatar have a interline agreement i believe) and do my immigration at Phuket ?

Or do i have to use the domestic terminal and collect my luggage in BKK and check-in again with Qatar which i don't like to do off-course.
Thanks in advanced for all information.

SK AAR Jun 11, 2019 1:58 am

TG is usually very good at checking bags to final destination even when on separate tickets. So if you show your onward ticket with QR I expect the TG agent at HKT will check your bags to final destination and even print all BP for you. If the TG agent is willing to do it for you, you will clear immigration at HKT and get CIQ sticker to wear on your shirt/jacket (to identify you as a domestic -> int transfer pax).

flyerby Jun 11, 2019 3:45 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 31190959)
TG is usually very good at checking bags to final destination even when on separate tickets. ...

(This is not a joke)
I have an upcoming similar situation in which I start with TG on HKT-BKK and then continue internationally but my trip (i.e., one way) is comprised of 4 separate tickets and 5 legs on TG, UL, QR and RJ.
Do you think I’ll be able to check my luggage all the way to my final destination? :)

SK AAR Jun 11, 2019 3:53 am

haha. Although TG agents are usually very accommodating I think you will get a stare and a "Sorry Sir, but we cannot do this - sorry" when he/she realises what you asking for. 2 separate tickets are OK, but 4! But by all means give it a try.

doctorjosh Jun 24, 2019 11:38 pm

Does TG interline with AY? Flying TG from HKT to BKK and then connecting onward to HEL on AY on separate tickets.

Thai-Kiwi Jun 25, 2019 3:36 am

Originally Posted by doctorjosh (Post 31236680)
Does TG interline with AY? Flying TG from HKT to BKK and then connecting onward to HEL on AY on separate tickets.

So to keep the language straight, you are not ‘connecting’. You simply have two separate tickets. If your HKT-BKK flight arrives late, TG will not help with your AY problem. AY will assume you are originating in BKK, and are simply a no show.

TG may check through your bags, and even issues BPs, but are not obligated to do so. You carry all the risk in this situation.

Of course, many folks do this, me too! But I do build in plenty of time, and am aware of the risks and consequences.

Kacee Jun 30, 2019 9:07 am

Originally Posted by doctorjosh (Post 31236680)
Does TG interline with AY?

Virtually all full service carriers have interline agreements. That really doesn't answer your question though, because existence of an interline agreement doesn't mean they will check through on separate tix.

As noted many times in this forum, TG is very generous in interlining bags, even across separate tix and across alliances, when they have no obligation to do it (as is the case here).

Originally Posted by flyerby (Post 31191108)
I have an upcoming similar situation in which I start with TG on HKT-BKK and then continue internationally but my trip (i.e., one way) is comprised of 4 separate tickets and 5 legs on TG, UL, QR and RJ.

Who in their right mind books that?

SK AAR Jul 1, 2019 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31254805)

:D Wonderful comment. I was thinking the same when I read the question, but didn't express myself as direct as you! (but I fully agree with you)

flyerby Jul 1, 2019 8:50 am

I did :)

flyerby Jul 5, 2019 12:06 pm

In the end, I won’t be able to fly HKT-BKK with TG but with WE.
If I remember correctly, WE is not as competent as TG in interlining so I won’t be able to check my baggages all the way to destination on my awesome itinerary.
Will check to BKK and then on the remaining itinerary. Should be a no brainer as UL, QR & RJ are all OW.

ricktoronto Jul 5, 2019 4:53 pm

They might be days or weeks apart, it was not said.

flyerby Jul 5, 2019 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto (Post 31273536)

One itinerary, 4 tickets, 5 legs, 30 hours of travel.
:)

Kacee Jul 5, 2019 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto (Post 31273536)

In the context of a discussion on interlining bags, it's reasonable to assume the itinterary is being flown straight through.

And now I see the assumption was correct.

flyerby Jul 9, 2019 8:31 am

Originally Posted by flyerby (Post 31272741)
In the end, I won’t be able to fly HKT-BKK with TG but with WE.
If I remember correctly, WE is not as competent as TG in interlining so I won’t be able to check my baggages all the way to destination on my awesome itinerary.
Will check to BKK and then on the remaining itinerary. Should be a no brainer as UL, QR & RJ are all OW.

I was a piece of cake to send luggage to the final destination from BKK on OW carries although it took 3 check-in agents and 1 supervisor to complete the procedure.
:)