Community
Wiki Posts
Search

747 operating as two class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I believe maerim was saying they wanted biz, but it was not available, so traveled in economy and sought the preferred seats in economy.
^

Originally Posted by WLG Base
Seats were always allocated. So going to the airport early wouldn't have helped.

Travelling Partner was TG Gold.
I apologize as I probably am new to TG: So, you called TG to be alloted those seats, correct? Did you do it within a certain time before departure: Say T-48 to T-24 or right after booking? Thanks so much, once again!
Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
^

I apologize as I probably am new to TG: So, you called TG to be alloted those seats, correct? Did you do it within a certain time before departure: Say T-48 to T-24 or right after booking? Thanks so much, once again!
Refer to following link. This should answer your questions.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/pl...est_assistance
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew one last week from BKK-HKT so no advance seat selection. As a *G on a paid J fare I was auto assigned 1K at check in. I was absolutely thrilled with that ^
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I flew one last week from BKK-HKT so no advance seat selection. As a *G on a paid J fare I was auto assigned 1K at check in. I was absolutely thrilled with that ^
An irony that TG’s policy of no advance seat selection on domestic flights means you were always a chance
Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:54 am

Hello travelers

had a 747 flight from DPS to BKK and when I arrived at check in and ask for the first class seat they said yes of course
it’s available for 75 usd
me and 6 other paid for it and I got 1A
it was soooooo worth it for the 4 hours flight
I will do it again any given day
CMK10 and anaidross like this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
I paid online for 1A and 1K for my wife and myself on a recent DEL-BKK. We were the only people in the first cabin. The seats were so much better than the sloping business seats. Definitely worth the extra price!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by GaryK84
I paid online for 1A and 1K for my wife and myself on a recent DEL-BKK. We were the only people in the first cabin. The seats were so much better than the sloping business seats. Definitely worth the extra price!
Yes worth it to me also. Done it twice on this route.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by maerim
Yes worth it to me also. Done it twice on this route.
Just like to check, if you could let us know how much does it cost please? Is it also USD75 / person?

Last edited by anaidross; Jan 10, 2020 at 7:40 am
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anaidross
Just like to check, if you could let us know how much does it cost please? Is it also USD75 / person?
The information is readily available on TG’s website. I’m sure you can find it unassisted, but linked below.

The process is managed in partnership with OptionTown, who provide a bid system for some other airlines (eg MH). If you have an exisiting booking, you can even go through the process to see how it works before getting to the ‘payment’ section. I was curious how it works and so did this.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/pl...page?section=5
anaidross likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:54 pm

The information is readily available on TG’s website. I’m sure you can find it unassisted, but linked below.

The process is managed in partnership with OptionTown, who provide a bid system for some other airlines (eg MH). If you have an exisiting booking, you can even go through the process to see how it works before getting to the ‘payment’ section. I was curious how it works and so did this.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/pl...page?section=5
My experience of booking twice from DEL to BKK to sit in 1st Class is that it is more expensive to use Optiontown than paying directly with TG.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maerim
My experience of booking twice from DEL to BKK to sit in 1st Class is that it is more expensive to use Optiontown than paying directly with TG.
Ah, OK - interesting. I recall that @WLG Base noted that paying through the link was unreliable.

Originally Posted by WLG Base
I’ve tried a few times to buy a 747 F seat on the DPS-BKK but have not been able to complete the transaction in the “third party” website!

So you paid TG direct at the airport rather than use the link? Or did you pay in advance whilst in Bangkok? If paying at the airport I suppose you run a small risk of the seats already being sold.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:01 pm

Ah, OK - interesting. I recall that @WLG Base noted that paying through the link was unreliable.

So you paid TG direct at the airport rather than use the link? Or did you pay in advance whilst in Bangkok? If paying at the airport I suppose you run a small risk of the seats already being sold.
I called TG Bangkok and paid. There is a small risk on DEL - BKK of seats not being available at check in. 3 weeks ago 1st Class Seats were full but I guess I was the only or one of few who paid; rest of the seats were probably occupied by people who had been upgraded due to people being transferred from a cancelled flight to TG flight.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question Fra-bkk -dps

Please note that from 22 July TG will start selling access to the F seats when the 744 is used in 2 class service.

You can read all about it here: https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/of...ed_seats.page?
I am thinking of purchasing a First Class ticket on TG from MXP to DPS. First sector is LH to FRA then FRA to BKK in P class and BKK to DPS in J class. As I am arriving into BKK in First Class am I automatically allocated a seat in the blocked off F cabin on the 744 from BKK to DPS or do I still have to pay extra to secure a seat in that cabin.

No status in Star Alliance.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by col747uk
I am thinking of purchasing a First Class ticket on TG from MXP to DPS. First sector is LH to FRA then FRA to BKK in P class and BKK to DPS in J class. As I am arriving into BKK in First Class am I automatically allocated a seat in the blocked off F cabin on the 744 from BKK to DPS or do I still have to pay extra to secure a seat in that cabin.

No status in Star Alliance.
I don't think that you will be automatically allocated a seat in F cabin. Chances of being given a seat in F cabin free depend on a number of factors including (i) how full Business Class is, which in turn depends on time of year and day of travel (Easter and Thai New Year likely to be busy), (ii) how many status holders there are travelling in Business Class and (iii) how many VIPs/TIPs are travelling. You could always contact TG FC and BC by telephone and ask. Even if you pay there may be a chance of being ousted by people in (iii) - couple of families and friends and F cabin could be full.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect the key contraints on getting a free F seat in this circumstance are :

a. how many have been sold using the new ‘Preferred Seating’ system, and
b. how many Thai Govt/Military officials (or their families), as they don’t pay for preferred seating.

The condition used to make this Thai government/public servant benefit explicit, but the language has softened. I note also that bassinets are now preferred seats - which is a surprise as they are usually complementary on most carriers?

- By government order or agreement, certain passengers may have tickets terms and conditions that differ from the above. This shall be stated on the passenger's e-ticket.

- Royal Silk Class passengers booked in C, D, J class can only select their “Preferred Seats” in the Royal First Class zoning on any THAI flights/sectors where a two class of service (Royal Silk and Economy) is in operation

Baby Bassinet Service:
With the implementation of this new ancillary service, the seats with baby bassinet facility in economy class are now included as ‘Preferred Seats’. Bassinet service for infants can be requested at check-in only and will be charged as ‘preferred seat.’

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.