Wine quality TG in F

Old May 20, 19, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum
Wine quality TG in F

My feeling is the quality has been in decline, especially over the last couple of years. I am not a big Champagne fan so, while i wont turn away the welcome glass of Dom, i used to look forward to enjoying a couple of glasses from what used to be (my opinion) a decent wine selection. pretty much always there is a choice of 2 whites (usually a Chablis and a Chardonnay) and a couple of reds (Burgundy plus a Bordeaux). While the selection formula remains the same, its my impression that the quality of the individual wine selections is several notches below what was offered in the past; for example, up until fairly recently, the Chardonnay wine was usually a very decent Montrachet now they seem to have downgraded to a pretty average Montagny. i sampled this on my last flight a few days ago (BKK LHR) , a very average wine , ( same vineyard available in Waitrose for under 25 pounds) and certainly not comparable with the Montrachet. Not really what i expect from a First Class product!
Traveller999 likes this.

Last edited by wordchild; May 20, 19 at 11:29 am
Old May 22, 19, 5:24 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Platinum Ambassador
I am inclined to agree, although in relation to reds rather than white wines. Like you,I am not a big Champagne drinker but will also have the obligatory glass of Dom while settling in to my seat.....they seem to have stopped loading what was usually a nice Australian Shiraz or a GSM, and everything is now French, which is a shame. Still, after a glass of bubbly, followed by a Vodka Martini post-takeoff drink, followed by a couple of shots of chilled Stoli with the caviar, I am not sure that my taste buds will be capable of distinguishing the nuances of a nice Australian Shiraz anyway........
wordchild and andyptrav like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: