Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uncomfortable Biz Class Seat - A350

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Uncomfortable Biz Class Seat - A350

I'd like to meet the people who designed and selected the seats in Biz cabin on TG's A350.

Flew in seat 15A today for a short 4.5hr flight. While good privacy and plenty of leg room, the seat design leaves much to be desired:

1. Bottom cushion is not padded enough. It's sitting on top of a solid steel frame that makes it very uncomfortable after a few hours.
2. Zero storage areas
3. Seat belt that is hard to reach the buckle to un-do because of how the arm rest is designed.
4. Thin padding on the arm rest
5. Paint that was quite literally pealing off all of the painted metal surfaces. While this plane is rather new, it looked like it was 10+ years old and had been well loved.

Great service on the flight. But, I sure hope someone addresses the seat issues.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I am sure the seat won’t change, the costs would be excessive.

I didnt experience the issues you have described.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I didnt experience the issues you have described.
The paint problem had been discussed already in another post in this forum.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
I would have to say that I found the seat very comfortable
Old May 20, 2019, 9:50 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
The seat is normal. I don't find it to be more uncomfortable than other modern biz class seats.

For long haul, a thin mattress is provided to improve sleep comfort.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Flyingbiker
I would have to say that I found the seat very comfortable
ditto above average imho
Old May 24, 2019, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
I don't understand why they don't put more foam in the seat? I guess its fails after many years of use and they don't want to put in new foam after 5 years?
Old May 28, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.
I'd usually use a blanket as a mattress. That's what I do on their rather uncomfortable Stelia Solstys on A380s.
I guess you can use the same recipe on their A350s too (supposedly same seats than on A380s)
Old May 29, 2019, 3:18 am

You know what I find extremely uncomfortable? The throne seat in the retrofitted A330. A death sentence to people with wide shoulders.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by pandalama
You know what I find extremely uncomfortable? The throne seat in the retrofitted A330. A death sentence to people with wide shoulders.
Haha yeah. The A300/310/330/340 fuselage cross-section starts to be too narrow for this kind of configs... But well , those A333 only ply regional routes, so I guess they’re acceptable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.