Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more premium cabin awards in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.
I found that calling them is the best option. The online tool doesn’t allow you to be put on a waitlist, and TG has been quite accommodating recently when clearing WL (see my other thread)
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
My wife and I have been planning a round-the-world trip for after retirement. I had been eying the TG availability in F leading up to the time the booking window opened for next March, when everything (both First and Business) disappeared. Part of our trip is from BUD-SYD, and when the booking window opened, I went ahead and booked on Air China (in business), as that was the only availability. Since that wasn't my first choice, I thought if something else opened up, I would make the change.

Recently I've noticed that O space (booking via Mileage Plus) has been opening up one or two days ahead of flying, so I had some hope that maybe I'd get something last minute, even though the change fees would be more. Nevertheless, I have been dutifully checking availability every day (actually multiple times per day) for my date in March. Two days ago, to my amazement, a mixed class flight BUD-IST-BKK-SYD opened up, with BUD-IST-BKK in TK business, and BKK-SYD on TG First. I couldn't believe it, but I jumped on it and changed my reservation. Since then, I've checked on surrounding dates and found no availability. So I guess I caught a big break! I've always wanted the experience of sitting in Row 1 of a 747.

Last edited by BBSHOPSINGER; Sep 19, 2019 at 9:23 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
My wife and I have been planning a round-the-world trip for after retirement. I had been eying the TG availability in F leading up to the time the booking window opened for next March, when everything (both First and Business) disappeared. Part of our trip is from BUD-SYD, and when the booking window opened, I went ahead and booked on Air China (in business), as that was the only availability. Since that wasn't my first choice, I thought if something else opened up, I would make the change.

Recently I've noticed that O space (booking via Mileage Plus) has been opening up one or two days ahead of flying, so I had some hope that maybe I'd get something last minute, even though the change fees would be more. Nevertheless, I have been dutifully checking availability every day (actually multiple times per day) for my date in March. Two days ago, to my amazement, a mixed class flight BUD-IST-BKK-SYD opened up, with BUD-IST-BKK in TK business, and BKK-SYD on TG First. I couldn't believe it, but I jumped on it and changed my reservation. Since then, I've checked on surrounding dates and found no availability. So I guess I caught a big break! I've always wanted the experience of sitting in Row 1 of a 747.
Good luck! You will enjoy TG F BKK-SYD including the TG F lounge at BKK.
BBSHOPSINGER likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.