No more premium cabin awards in advance?

Old May 11, 19, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by RTWFF View Post
I randomly checked TG premium seats via United and Avianca out of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane for the remainder of this month. Available some but not every day for the next ten days, thereafter nothing, and nothing I could find in June. I also checked seats out of Milan and Rome - also some TG premium seats in the next few days, thereafter only Economy. Months later out also fruitless
Currently United miles are useless for flying to/from Australia to Asia unless you book really close in. They raised the redemption rates and then killed the availability. I am now using Krisflyer miles which I would never have done before.
Old May 12, 19, 12:28 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ G
Originally Posted by riced View Post
Currently United miles are useless for flying to/from Australia to Asia unless you book really close in. They raised the redemption rates ...
The rates were a know anomaly. Raising the rate was a fix to that anomaly.

They ... then killed the availability.
No they didnít. TG did.

...I am now using Krisflyer miles which I would never have done before.
Good for you. Most of us are not that lucky.
BTW you also get a superior product as a side effect.
RTWFF likes this.
Old May 12, 19, 7:47 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Silver (VA), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Currently United miles are useless for flying to/from Australia to Asia unless you book really close in. They raised the redemption rates and then killed the availability.
As someone else posted, it's not the airline whose miles you are using but the airline you're flying with that determines the availability. Untied seems to have a significant problem with its reservations systems which for a couple of months couldn't connect with either TG or SQ redemptions and still can't connect with SQ redemptions. Europe redemptions are the same - I can't find a Europe/Australia J redemption that isn't with Air India (waste of points) or Air China (almost ditto) for one or more legs at any time of any month
Old May 14, 19, 12:07 am

Hi, same situation here. Looking for award space (J) for MEL-BKK but there is nothing available on TG beyond next week. SYD-BKK seems to have a bit better availability. Anyone knows what's going on?
Old May 14, 19, 1:36 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Mister P. View Post
Hi, same situation here. Looking for award space (J) for MEL-BKK but there is nothing available on TG beyond next week. SYD-BKK seems to have a bit better availability. Anyone knows what's going on?
Better control of revenue from THAI management? Who knows....

Are you looking on THAI’s system to burn ROP miles, or are you after a partner redemption on TG?
Old May 14, 19, 3:10 am

Partner redemption on TG.
Old May 15, 19, 1:21 pm
dll

Programs: AA EX PLT; Marriott Plt; *wood Plt
I was able to book SYD-BKK in mid-July. Was searching for and found one seat in F. Availability was scarce, but there. J was a bit more plentiful but still scarce on dates I needed.
Old May 15, 19, 2:09 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ G
Originally Posted by dll View Post
I was able to book SYD-BKK in mid-July. Was searching for and found one seat in F. Availability was scarce, but there. J was a bit more plentiful but still scarce on dates I needed.
ROP or partner redemption?
Old May 16, 19, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Better control of revenue from THAI management?
If it wasn't for UA award redemptions, TG premium cabins would be considerably emptier than they already are.

If this is a conscious move by TG revenue management, I don't see it working out well for them.
chris63 and eponymous_coward like this.
Old May 16, 19, 7:43 am
dll

Programs: AA EX PLT; Marriott Plt; *wood Plt
Originally Posted by flyerby View Post

ROP or partner redemption?
United (MP). Also saw availability with Aeroplan that offered some SQ options too.