FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Way too many Bus gates, only Thai, and no Bus Class buses.....awful (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1962482-way-too-many-bus-gates-only-thai-no-bus-class-buses-awful.html)

chris63 Feb 14, 2020 8:57 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK (Post 32065695)
I do not know the schedule by heart, but it could very well have something to do with availability of A380 capable gates. There are not many of those at BKK - if I recall correctly, there are only 3?

Yes, it’s the shortage of A380 gates for LH & EK, they will pay for gates, unlike tightass TG....

SKT-DK Feb 15, 2020 2:23 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 32071767)
Yes, it’s the shortage of A380 gates for LH & EK, they will pay for gates, unlike tightass TG....

I am sure EK is willing to pay more, yes indeed - but to be fair, a previous poster did mention that his LH flights left from bus gates the past two times, so guess LH is no less tight-... than TG :D

chris63 Feb 15, 2020 4:34 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK (Post 32074323)
I am sure EK is willing to pay more, yes indeed - but to be fair, a previous poster did mention that his LH flights left from bus gates the past two times, so guess LH is no less tight-... than TG :D

I know LH want to pay for the A380 gates, they are given low priority by AOT because it’s only a seasonal A380 service.

Thai-Kiwi Jan 7, 2023 3:47 am

Flew Thai Smile today (7 Jan) Udon Thani to Bangkok. Horror of horrors, we had a bus gate 😱

I did have to smile to myself as we toured the apron past Concourse A, under A/B/C, along the full length of D before the u-turn back to near D2. Ah, the memories :)

Disinto Jan 7, 2023 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 34901260)
Flew Thai Smile today (7 Jan) Udon Thani to Bangkok. Horror of horrors, we had a bus gate 😱

I did have to smile to myself as we toured the apron past Concourse A, under A/B/C, along the full length of D before the u-turn back to near D2. Ah, the memories :)

awww that U-turn is epic. I’ll always remember it. Especially when you position yourself on the opposite end of the bus well knowing you’ll be the first one to get off after the U-turn :D

SKT-DK Jan 7, 2023 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 34901260)

That u-turn has to be one of the most stupid designs ever in an airport :D

Thaikwai Jan 9, 2023 7:44 pm

Yes, you can see the passengers "in the know" who always move straight across the bus to the opposite door, in the knowledge that is the one that will open on to the entrance!!

hijiji Jul 5, 2023 9:26 pm

Is there anyway to tell if a flight will arrive at a bus gate or a regular gate? I look at the arrivals on the BKK homepage, but they have only arrival times, not gate. Is there somewhere where I can see which gates flights have arrived at? I haven't flown to BKK in awhile and usually fly TG649 from FUK. In the past it was often bus gate which makes the meet and greet fast track pretty pointless.

Thai-Kiwi Jul 6, 2023 1:09 am

No, it is what it is….

SKT-DK Jul 6, 2023 2:08 am

Originally Posted by hijiji (Post 35389851)
Is there anyway to tell if a flight will arrive at a bus gate or a regular gate? I look at the arrivals on the BKK homepage, but they have only arrival times, not gate. Is there somewhere where I can see which gates flights have arrived at? I haven't flown to BKK in awhile and usually fly TG649 from FUK. In the past it was often bus gate which makes the meet and greet fast track pretty pointless.

Nope, it is allocated on the day. However, if arriving on the aircraft's last sector of the day, I would say the chances of a remote stand increases - this, as TG would incur added cost for either overnight parking occupying a gate, or gate arrival plus towing to remote stand plus remote stand.