FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Incorrect gender on booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1958654-incorrect-gender-booking.html)

newshound Feb 28, 2019 5:13 pm

Incorrect gender on booking

I appear to have made a mistake in my booking and my ticket is issued as Ms Newshound instead of Mr Newshound.

My full name is correct on the booking but obviously the gender is wrong. Am I going to have an issue when I try checking in or do I need to try and get this sorted with Thai contact center? Is it even possible? I am on a one way (full fare) biz class intra Europe and am ROP Gold if any of that makes any difference.

Any advice gratefully received.

SK AAR Feb 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Absolutely no issue. This happens hundreds of times each day without any issues. No need to worry.

BinSabai Feb 28, 2019 6:45 pm

no issue at all but contact TG if this calms you down

chris63 Feb 28, 2019 9:02 pm

No problem at all, shame your flight is not in Thailand you could have been a shoe in for an OP UP :D

RoyalSwazi Mar 4, 2019 8:29 pm

You should book a BA flight. Their list of titles is fascinating. Reverend or Most Reverend? Lord, Lady, Dr, MP, Sir?

BinSabai Mar 4, 2019 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi (Post 30848765)
You should book a BA flight. Their list of titles is fascinating. Reverend or Most Reverend? Lord, Lady, Dr, MP, Sir?

what title do you have?:D

newshound Mar 7, 2019 6:58 pm

It was no problem at all, the check in agent didn't bat an eyelid. Next time I think I will opt for Most Reverend :)

Thanks for the replies that put my mind at ease

BinSabai Mar 9, 2019 12:40 am

thanks for the feedback! glad it went smooth!
you could actually buy such title...

LaziestRaccoon May 18, 2023 2:20 am

I have the same problem with Thai now (my male friend became MS), and my booking involves three international legs.
I contacted Thai but they could not confirm if it would be an issue or not at the airport, as it depends on each individual there (?).
Hope it is also okay for me :(. Otherwise I would say I thought it was master of science or sth.

BinSabai May 18, 2023 2:33 am

Originally Posted by LaziestRaccoon (Post 35259408)
I have the same problem with Thai now (my male friend became MS), and my booking involves three international legs.
I contacted Thai but they could not confirm if it would be an issue or not at the airport, as it depends on each individual there (?).
Hope it is also okay for me :(. Otherwise I would say I thought it was master of science or sth.

no problem...

on TG I actually travel gender-free...:rolleyes: