Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Does Smile Plus flight to BKK as part of Thai Airways Business Class allow fast lane?

Does Smile Plus flight to BKK as part of Thai Airways Business Class allow fast lane?

Old Feb 28, 19, 10:29 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: BA Executive Club
Posts: 37
Does Smile Plus flight to BKK as part of Thai Airways Business Class allow fast lane?

I plan to fly Thai (TG) for the first time soon on a short haul flight within Southeast Asia, and want to experience Business Class, but the flight to Bangkok will be operated by a Thai Smile (WE) which doesn't have Business Class but Smile Plus class.

Will I get the voucher/pass to go through immigration in the fast lane / priority lane? Are there any other things to consider?

I find conflicting information on Google from different past years, so I wanted to hear if anyone experienced this recently...
TanyaHelenaP is offline  
Old Feb 28, 19, 6:40 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,328
TG does not give out vouchers for fast track. Their Business Class passenger can use TG's own fast track, which is in Arrival hall East (opposite gate D4) on the left side (description and photos you find in according thread)
I am not sure whether Thai Smile Plus passengers can use this. I would encourage you to try and report back.
BinSabai is offline  
Old Feb 28, 19, 7:30 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: Thai Airways
Posts: 114
Thai Smile does not give fast track immigration either departing or arriving. I think it is clear on their website when booking, but to confirm my wife asked when she departed Bangkok on Thai Smile Plus last year and was told that there is no fast track immigration. 2nd and 3rd times same. As she is Thai makes little difference. If departing access to Thai Lounge is given and extra luggage can be a benefit (especially to my wife when travelling wthout me!).
maerim is online now  
Old Feb 28, 19, 9:00 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: BA Executive Club
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by maerim View Post
Thai Smile does not give fast track immigration either departing or arriving. I think it is clear on their website when booking, but to confirm my wife asked when she departed Bangkok on Thai Smile Plus last year and was told that there is no fast track immigration.
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
I am not sure whether Thai Smile Plus passengers can use this. I would encourage you to try and report back.
Even if the ticket was bought on Thai Airways (TG) ?
TanyaHelenaP is offline  
Old Feb 28, 19, 9:19 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: Thai Airways
Posts: 114
Suggest you call TG or WE to ask. It may be unlikely that WE has fast track passes on board even if they should.

As an aside if buying a WE flight from TG it will be more expensive, but as you are doing multiple flights assume you have bought the best deal.
maerim is online now  
Old Feb 28, 19, 9:25 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: BA Executive Club
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by maerim View Post
Suggest you call TG or WE to ask. It may be unlikely that WE has fast track passes on board even if they should.
Just called. They have no clue.
TanyaHelenaP is offline  
Old Feb 28, 19, 10:49 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ/WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 7,288
Originally Posted by TanyaHelenaP View Post
I plan to fly Thai (TG) for the first time soon on a short haul flight within Southeast Asia, and want to experience Business Class, but the flight to Bangkok will be operated by a Thai Smile (WE) which doesn't have Business Class but Smile Plus class.

Will I get the voucher/pass to go through immigration in the fast lane / priority lane? Are there any other things to consider?

I find conflicting information on Google from different past years, so I wanted to hear if anyone experienced this recently...
if you booked on the THAI website and the flight has a TG flight number, then the answer is no. And if you booked on WE's website, the answer is still no.

from THAI's (TG) website there is no code-share business class with Thai Smile (WE), and since TG doesn't offer fast track to PE passengers, my assessment is that it won't for WE code-shared flights:

The THAI Smile fleet consists entirely of A320 aircraft with a 2 class configuration, Economy Class and Premium Economy Class that offers more space and comfort.
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Mar 1, 19, 2:43 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BKK
Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Posts: 642
I would expect the answer to be no as well. There certainly are no WE related info on TG's fast track eligibility signs at the airport.
Out of curiosity, is it a point to point flight with BKK as the final destination with WE out and TG back, or? - Might be a silly question, but only asking as you said "within Southeast Asia".
SKT-DK is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread