Buy Up To Thai Smile Plus Seats?

Old Feb 27, 19, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Buy Up To Thai Smile Plus Seats?

Flying from BKK-REP on Thai Smile. The ticket in coach is 3000 THB but Plus is 9000 THB which is NUTS.
Anyway, was curious if at check in or the gate I could buy up to a remaining Plus seat. Traveling w. someone who is 6'4" so I'm sure the legroom is worth maybe even a few thousand Baht but not 6000.
Old Feb 27, 19, 10:29 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
flight time is 30-40 minutes! so why bother...
Old Feb 27, 19, 10:35 pm

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Leg-room may differ by only an inch or two, so if it is for extra leg-room, probably not worth it.
Note that WE offers same seats in Plus and Economy, but Plus has the middle seat blocked in the same fashion as European business class tends to be. You could argue that extra leg-room can be had be stretching into the empty middle space though.

I am not aware of WE offering paid upgrades at the airport though - have always only booked Plus whenever I have had to take WE.
Old Feb 28, 19, 2:40 am

Programs: Thai Airways
As of a few months ago it was possible to pay for upgrade at check in or before, but not at the gate. I know this from talking to the Call Centre as I wanted to decide what to do on a 3 hour flight, which my wife was taking.

On such a short flight it is only worth it in my opinion if you have so much luggage that it would be cheaper than paying excess baggage fees.

On a 3 hour flight and to the country I am referring to it is a no brainer.

Search this Thread