Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai suspends Thailand-Europe flights temporarily

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai suspends Thailand-Europe flights temporarily

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
regarding the runway closure I see contradicting news, that closure is only during night time 0130-0830, but started already on 1. march
https://www.tnamcot.com/view/_d9roU0
NOTAMs can often be changed, reissued and updated. It is quite possible that there is no contradiction, rather just changed/updated information. You would need to check the NOTAM history.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
NOTAMs can often be changed, reissued and updated. It is quite possible that there is no contradiction, rather just changed/updated information. You would need to check the NOTAM history.
thanks; checked those but not clear whether it is a closure for the whole day or during night only
I have also not seen anything in the news except the quoted article
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:07 am

Today's Bangkok bound flights from several European destinations do not seem to take anymore the northern bound route over Belarus-Russia-Kazakhbstan-China but are south bound towards India
anybody saw an announcement of this change (Pakistan airspace has only be opened for flights to destinations in Pakistan)?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: ROP
Today's Bangkok bound flights from several European destinations do not seem to take anymore the northern bound route over Belarus-Russia-Kazakhbstan-China but are south bound towards India
anybody saw an announcement of this change (Pakistan airspace has only be opened for flights to destinations in Pakistan)?
I've just saw that on Flightradar24 also, maybe they received the overfly permission from Iran already. Anyway, they received the overfly permission from China on daily basis so it makes sense to change the flight routes when they receive the permission from Iran.

For flights to Pakistan, TG resumes flight to Karachi via Omani airspace today (4/3/19) together with 2 special flights on today and tomorrow.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:08 pm

For Europe bound flights tonight, TG uses both southern and northern routes. The BKK to London, Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen are flying via China. The rest is flying via Middle East.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:15 pm

Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by joy16
For Europe bound flights tonight, TG uses both southern and northern routes. The BKK to London, Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen are flying via China. The rest is flying via Middle East.
makes sense!
the southern route from and to central and southern European destinations reduce the delays (as above picture from TG931 shows)
route goes through Iran also avoiding the congested UAE area
joy16 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Just noticed that since yesterday TG950 to CPH is taking the route through Iran, whereas 960 (ARN) and 954 (OSL) still go via Chinese airspace. Could indicate that slots through that congested corridor are hard to come by and are allocated one by one then.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Just noticed that since yesterday TG950 to CPH is taking the route through Iran, whereas 960 (ARN) and 954 (OSL) still go via Chinese airspace. Could indicate that slots through that congested corridor are hard to come by and are allocated one by one then.
as more north the destination in Europe as smaller is the delay of the route over China
flights to mid- and southern Europe go all through Iran and the delays got smaller and smaller
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:49 am

From the past few days, TG960 (Stockholm), TG954 (Oslo) and TG974 (Moscow) are taking the routes over China, the remaining Europe flights are taking the routes over Iran. However, all Bangkok bound flights from Europe are taking the routes over Iran.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:28 am
Original Poster

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...mpression=trueL
Looks like rerouting flights again because of trouble in the Gulf no fly zone announced by BA, TG 911 flying a different route today.?

Last edited by tg911; Jun 21, 2019 at 6:34 am
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by tg911
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...mpression=trueL
Looks like rerouting flights again because of trouble in the Gulf no fly zone announced by BA, TG 911 flying a different route today.?
Seems to be at the discretion of the airline. TG911 is almost in Iranian airspace...
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
commonly?
the ROC/PRC differentiation seems to be rather a western concept, which can be a bit confusing and is often the source of misunderstanding
Differentiation in chinese language is less confusing
Chinese Government is more sensitive if Taiwan is mentioned as a separate independent country as they consider Taiwan as a Province of China
Si, exactamente! Jejeje! Years ago I needed a visa for a China business visit. I went to the consulate at LA. I drop my passport in the morning and return in the afternoon. There is a long line of ~50 people and the China consulate agent is agitated. Nobody wants to deal. He grabs my passporte and flips through it. He sees the stamp from "ROC" and aggressively says "So Ms Reina.... you have been to... TAIWAN!" The way he say this everyone knows it is not good. He looks accusing at me. I am thinking fast and I reply him "Senor, but there is no such place as "Taiwan." There is only A RENEGADE PROVINCE OF CHINA." In the line, everyone they laugh so hard. The agent stamps my document and nearly throws my passport back to me with the visa.

Normally I am not so fast but on this occasion I did remember how to handle. jejeje!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Differentiation in chinese language is less confusing
Supposedly tourists from Taiwan to Beijing these days pose for photo in front of the left side sign of Tian'anmen and work with the photographer campanion to use various body parts to block out the characters Ren and Gonghe and the photo comes out as "long live Zhonghua (blocked) Min (blocked) Guo"...
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ReinaDeLaSelva
Si, exactamente! Jejeje! Years ago I needed a visa for a China business visit. I went to the consulate at LA. I drop my passport in the morning and return in the afternoon. There is a long line of ~50 people and the China consulate agent is agitated. Nobody wants to deal. He grabs my passporte and flips through it. He sees the stamp from "ROC" and aggressively says "So Ms Reina.... you have been to... TAIWAN!" The way he say this everyone knows it is not good. He looks accusing at me. I am thinking fast and I reply him "Senor, but there is no such place as "Taiwan." There is only A RENEGADE PROVINCE OF CHINA." In the line, everyone they laugh so hard. The agent stamps my document and nearly throws my passport back to me with the visa.

Normally I am not so fast but on this occasion I did remember how to handle. jejeje!
What does this post have to do with the original theme of this thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.