Thailand Again Fails FAA Inspection

Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BF263533
Will do. The US Government for the past two years has been in a state of confusion. I will also contact my US Congressperson and encourage all US residents to contact their Member of Congress and FAA to assist Thailand in addressing all issue. We need nonstop flights from the US to Thailand.
Agreed!....at least to the second and last sentence while the other issues are out of my reach...

by the way, your quote of "Thailand as the most beloved county of the USA" was a good one...a Freudian!
the other counties in the region of your fellow compatriots were not always subject to love and peace during history...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:37 pm

It’s neither helpful nor appropriate to contemplate lobbying Congress or the FAA over this matter. The resolution will be through Thailand putting resources into it rather than having them diverted “elsewhere”. But rather than do that, they persist with the usual half-arsed approach and nothing is fixed, EVER. The same applies to road and maritime safety. The money is there, where does it go?
It is beyond bizarre to want international aviation bodies to issue undeserved safety certification simply to get direct flights.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by paolo64
Its neither helpful nor appropriate to contemplate lobbying Congress or the FAA over this matter. The resolution will be through Thailand putting resources into it rather than having them diverted elsewhere. But rather than do that, they persist with the usual half-arsed approach and nothing is fixed, EVER. The same applies to road and maritime safety. The money is there, where does it go?
It is beyond bizarre to want international aviation bodies to issue undeserved safety certification simply to get direct flights.
+ 1

As if anyone in Congress with half a brain would listen....

Safety issues need addressing in Thailand
paolo64 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I'll with-hold making any comment of the efficacy of lobbying the US government on pressuring the Thai Government (majority shareholder in TG) for the purposes discussed, or indeed any other self-interested purpose (whoops).

In fact I'll simply observe from my geographically distant Kiwi Castle that it is Friday evening here, the rugby and cricket are both on, and the beer is cold.....
SKT-DK, timmynl, WLG Base and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I'll with-hold making any comment of the efficacy of lobbying the US government on pressuring the Thai Government (majority shareholder in TG) for the purposes discussed, or indeed any other self-interested purpose (whoops).

In fact I'll simply observe from my geographically distant Kiwi Castle that it is Friday evening here, the rugby and cricket are both on, and the beer is cold.....
Haha,
4/475 at stumps , so all Kiwis must be very relaxed.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
As if anyone in Congress with half a brain would listen....

Safety issues need addressing in Thailand
Exactly!

Just not sure its gonna happen ...
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

Exactly!

Just not sure its gonna happen ...
Hope springs eternal
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I don't have a clue about rugby nor cricket, but I do know a bit about beer - Friday evening coming up in a few hours and beer is cold in BKK too. Happy Friday all - enjoy
Thai-Kiwi and chris63 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai

Agreed!....at least to the second and last sentence while the other issues are out of my reach...

by the way, your quote of "Thailand as the most beloved county of the USA" was a good one...a Freudian!
the other counties in the region of your fellow compatriots were not always subject to love and peace during history...
The close country relationship relates to a series of wars where bonds were built and continued fairly intact until this day. Vietnam War & US bases in Thailand. WWII. Cold War. Phillippines being a US territory as a result of a war. Tensions still exist with China & Russia, and as the generation from WWII dies out so do the bad memories of Japan and Germany. As time goes by the affection for Vietnam increases as the memories of the Vietnam War fades. When I visited Vietnam on two occasions I just could not understand how the US could have bombed such friendly people who were always so gracious. I was lucky enough that my draft number was high enough that I did not have to face the chance of being drafted to fight in Vietnam.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The close country relationship relates to a series of wars where bonds were built and continued fairly intact until this day. Vietnam War & US bases in Thailand. WWII. Cold War. Phillippines being a US territory as a result of a war. Tensions still exist with China & Russia, and as the generation from WWII dies out so do the bad memories of Japan and Germany. As time goes by the affection for Vietnam increases as the memories of the Vietnam War fades. When I visited Vietnam on two occasions I just could not understand how the US could have bombed such friendly people who were always so gracious. I was lucky enough that my draft number was high enough that I did not have to face the chance of being drafted to fight in Vietnam.
Thats anecdotal

All Wars are an abomination

For my part I hope & expect we will never forget the enormous sacrifices of WW2 which allowed us to be free & enjoy the free speech we have here on FT
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:55 pm

Charles de Gaulle once said: Nations have no friends, just interests
this relates very well to the USA and its relationship with countries in Asia and other parts of the world. It's all about power, influence, strategic and economic interests
andyptrav likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Charles de Gaulle once said: Nations have no friends, just interests
this relates very well to the USA and its relationship with countries in Asia and other parts of the world. It's all about power, influence, strategic and economic interests
So again, are you suggesting that Thailand's repeated failure to comply with dozens of safety issues is somehow the result of the USA's FAA being part of some political game for "power, influence, strategic and economic interests"? Do you have any concern over the safety issues that have been raised by the FAA or is this just a matter of national pride over the potential loss of life?
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by UAuhoh
So again, are you suggesting that Thailand's repeated failure to comply with dozens of safety issues is somehow the result of the USA's FAA being part of some political game for "power, influence, strategic and economic interests"? Do you have any concern over the safety issues that have been raised by the FAA or is this just a matter of national pride over the potential loss of life?
ummmm, it seems to me that there are a number of posts where something is lost in translation - even though this is an English language forum.....

For me at least, I didnt interpret BinSabais post as relating specifically to any TG issues, or to the FAA issues; but rather simply a response to the immediately preceding (generalist) post about politics and war...

Of course, I also may have lost something in translation...
andyptrav and BinSabai like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by UAuhoh
sorry, but with my statement I did not refer at all to the TG/FAA case but to politics in general and in response to the rather naive opinion that wars are started without self-interests just to help friends or defend human rights or democracy or whatever reasons are give to camouflage the real reasons like power, influence, strategic or economic issues etc.
Thai-Kiwi and SKT-DK like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:05 pm

after details of shortcomings of the FAA in Boeing's 737Max case are uncovered, the results of such inspections are viewed a bit differently...
SKT-DK likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.