Best TG or Star Alliance Lounge in BKK

Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
Oh BTW, In the morning, there are nothing to eat in the BR lounge, I was there once 9 am, absolutely nothing, so i moved to the SQ lounge next door......
probably a one time irregularity; troubles in the supply chain or whatever...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by BinSabai
so did they decline entry saying It's full? or were all seats taken?
Not at all (they could not have been nicer). One of the staff walked me around the lounge and, as it was so busy, offered to call around to other lounges if I was not comfortable to share a table in the SQ lounge.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
SQ is the best in my mind, if you need shower, BR is just around the corner. TG's lounge are really old and filled with people.

Oh BTW, In the morning, there are nothing to eat in the BR lounge, I was there once 9 am, absolutely nothing, so i moved to the SQ lounge next door......

Looking forward to the new TG lounge and TK's lounge though, sounds really good.
probably a one time irregularity; troubles in the supply chain or whatever...
I also reported the BR lounge was out of food (save for a couple of soggy pizza slices) at around midnight to 3am when I was there. (Dont get me wrong - I was grateful the BR lounge was open at all - but it was packed and almost no food at that time)
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:19 am

Had some extra time a few evenings ago so sampled three *A lounges in the business-class category. Regarding food and environment, I'd say SQ was the best, but had no shower unfortunately. BR was a not so distant #2 , but had showers (shower queue was long though, so I exited to TG). TG was the worst and felt old and outdated in comparison, and crowded too, but also with showers. Both SQ and BR had fresh coconuts too, while TG did not.
worldclubber and BinSabai like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
Had some extra time a few evenings ago so sampled three *A lounges in the business-class category. Regarding food and environment, I'd say SQ was the best, but had no shower unfortunately. BR was a not so distant #2 , but had showers (shower queue was long though, so I exited to TG). TG was the worst and felt old and outdated in comparison, and crowded too, but also with showers. Both SQ and BR had fresh coconuts too, while TG did not.
in which TG lounge did you go? there are 5 for biz/Gold and quite different...
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:29 am

in which TG lounge did you go? there are 5 for biz/Gold and quite different...
Concourse D I think it was. There were two lounges opposite of each others with more or less identical food and quite similar layout.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
Concourse D I think it was. There were two lounges opposite of each others with more or less identical food and quite similar layout.
D would be the large one and opposite the spa..that is the worst one
C and E have two each opposite of each other with similar lay out
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
D would be the large one and opposite the spa..that is the worst one
C and E have two each opposite of each other with similar lay out
I thought D was the best of a pretty average bunch myself. If you can get one of the comfy big chairs towards the shower end of the lounge it is not too bad. The C lounge was pretty rough a few months back, looking very worn out and sad with a pretty poor food offering. Haven't been to the E lounge in a year or so, have they renovated it? My BKK plan is always to walk to SQ for some food, by far the best, spa then D lounge to wait for the flight.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingbiker
I thought D was the best of a pretty average bunch myself. If you can get one of the comfy big chairs towards the shower end of the lounge it is not too bad. The C lounge was pretty rough a few months back, looking very worn out and sad with a pretty poor food offering. Haven't been to the E lounge in a year or so, have they renovated it? My BKK plan is always to walk to SQ for some food, by far the best, spa then D lounge to wait for the flight.
Which C lounge did you visit? There are 2 (facing each other across the 'corridor') as BinSabai already said. And which E lounge did you visit, there are also 2?!

I'm not trying to be overly pedantic - but I just noticed you mentioned 'the' C lounge - many folks drift into the left-hand (East?) lounge (walking away from D/C intersection), and the other C lounge can be a little less busy. Same for the E lounge. The Western one in E may actually be a Royal Orchid Lounge with a tiny F section, rather than a Royal Silk Lounge.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Mar 3, 2019 at 11:44 pm Reason: noted BinSabai already stated there are 2 lounges each in Concourse C and E
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:40 pm

both E lounges have been refurbished but I recall that was already around 2-3 years ago
the tiny F lounge in one of the E lounges is nice...
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:18 pm

both E lounges have been refurbished but I recall that was already around 2-3 years ago
the tiny F lounge in one of the E lounges is nice...
When I think about it I probably haven't been to the E lounges for couple of years, I wasn't even aware that there was a F lounge in there. It is a fair trek from where my flights usually board but will try it out next month for sure.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Which C lounge did you visit? There are 2 (facing each other across the 'corridor') as BinSabai already said. And which E lounge did you visit, there are also 2?!

I'm not trying to be overly pedantic - but I just noticed you mentioned 'the' C lounge - many folks drift into the left-hand (East?) lounge (walking away from D/C intersection), and the other C lounge can be a little less busy. Same for the E lounge. The Western one in E may actually be a Royal Orchid Lounge with a tiny F section, rather than a Royal Silk Lounge.
I have looked into both recently, the left side wasn't too busy but I was not too impressed last time I looked. I understand that they are building a new TG lounge and that there is a TK lounge opening soon. Any updates from anyone here?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:53 am

I have looked into both recently, the left side wasn't too busy but I was not too impressed last time I looked. I understand that they are building a new TG lounge and that there is a TK lounge opening soon. Any updates from anyone here?
TK lounge is open for 5 days. Heard nice food buffet and bar... showers available
when will you provide us a review?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
When I think about it I probably haven't been to the E lounges for couple of years, I wasn't even aware that there was a F lounge in there. It is a fair trek from where my flights usually board but will try it out next month for sure.
If my memory serves me right, the small F lounge in E pier has been there since that lounge first opened, and is a nice, quiet sanctuary in that part of the airport.
QR used to have a contract with them to allow in F pax and OWE in J in that lounge which was a great perk
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
If my memory serves me right, the small F lounge in E pier has been there since that lounge first opened, and is a nice, quiet sanctuary in that part of the airport.
QR used to have a contract with them to allow in F pax and OWE in J in that lounge which was a great perk
Right...I am often alone in there or with another 1-2 passengers; however recently when two A380 left from E and G, it was nearly full. Luckily many occasional F passengers do not know that it exists

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.