Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best TG or Star Alliance Lounge in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Excellent review, thanks for that.
flying out this Friday with temperature prediction of 42C at UTH will definitively need a refreshing shower before flying out on TK, BR lounge in F concourse it will be. Might be tempted to check TK lounge when feeling fed, showered and relaxed...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Hi, we'll be flying TG J and will have a 6 hour layover at BKK between 6am and 12pm.
I'd prefer to go to SQ SKL for food, but also want to try the 30 min massage at TG.
1) Should i book the massage appointment first and then head to SKL and come back later to the spa?
2) Anyone experienced overcrowding in SKL in the morning hours?
3) Looking at the previous posts, is BR lounge the best for a shower?
Old May 1, 2019, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by spk307
Hi, we'll be flying TG J and will have a 6 hour layover at BKK between 6am and 12pm.
I'd prefer to go to SQ SKL for food, but also want to try the 30 min massage at TG.
1) Should i book the massage appointment first and then head to SKL and come back later to the spa?
1. yes. you'd need to confirm a time, or provide a mobile contact I assume
2. possibly. it was completely packed out in the evening a couple of weeks ago (Fri 12th)
3. unable to comment
Old May 1, 2019, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by spk307
(1) absolutely not! I did this two nights ago and the walk between the TG Spa and SKL is really long - about half a kilometre. By the time you walk from the spa to the SKL you'll be sweaty, then you wander around the SKL, then have to walk all the way back again. (I forget every time just how far the distance between the lounges is )

Rather, I would arrive at the TG Spa, book an immediate appointment, or, if you have to wait 30 mins till the next slot, do so at the TG lounge opposite.

Have your treatment then make you way to the SKL (and the Turkish lounge as well which is a couple lounges on).

(Alternatively, you could make the appointment for say 1030am, head to the SKL/TK lounges for shower and food, then head back to the spa at 1015am in time for the 1030 booking. But then you are tied to the spa time).

(2) can't answer

(3) with just two shower suites I waited nearly 2 and a half hours at midnight for a shower to become available (I was number 14 in queue). A shower is a shower, I'd ake the first available one and make use of it!
Old May 1, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
The SQ lounge was standing room only late Sunday afternoon/early evening
Old May 1, 2019, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
(1) absolutely not! I did this two nights ago and the walk between the TG Spa and SKL is really long - about half a kilometre. By the time you walk from the spa to the SKL you'll be sweaty, then you wander around the SKL, then have to walk all the way back again. (I forget every time just how far the distance between the lounges is )
Perhaps somewhat overstated. The distance from the spa to the SKL is only around 250-300m (approx gatesD1 to D5/6) - so I could not agree that the walk is 'really long', and I have never become 'sweaty' walking around Suvarnabhumi - but I accept that others could for a range of reasons.

And the past 3 weeks have indeed been hot in Thailand (44 when I was in Chiang Rai, 38 on Bangkok).

(3) with just two shower suites I waited nearly 2 and a half hours at midnight for a shower to become available (I was number 14 in queue). A shower is a shower, I'd ake the first available one and make use of it!
The THAI Royal Silk Lounge showers I have used in Concourses C and E have been perfectly adequate for showering.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Perhaps somewhat overstated. The distance from the spa to the SKL is only around 250-300m (approx gatesD1 to D5/6) - so I could not agree that the walk is 'really long', and I have never become 'sweaty' walking around Suvarnabhumi - but I accept that others could for a range of reasons.

And the past 3 weeks have indeed been hot in Thailand (44 when I was in Chiang Rai, 38 on Bangkok).
The airport was hot on Saturday night Air con barely pumping out, and the D concourse was crowded. It feels like a long walk, and I was sweaty by the time I got there (I'm 6'3 and reasonably fit, although perhaps wasn't yet acclimatised to the heat and humidity).

I was wndering about the distance - but 6 gates, each capable of handling a 777 with a wingspan of 64 metres (and they're not parked wing-tip to wing-tip) would get something more than 300m?
Old May 1, 2019, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is 810m from the A/B/C/D Concourse intersection to the D/E/F/G Concourse intersection.

Spa is to the East of D1. Can't quite recall which gate the SKL is opposite, I thought D5 or D6. So a quick bit of google-map mucking around and it looks like 350-400m - so nicely splitting the difference!
Attached Images  
Old May 1, 2019, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll settle for 400 Round-trip that makes it 800 metres and not worth walking to the sap, booking, going to SKL, and then back again. Better to sit and wait at the TG lounge for 5-30 mins, have the massage, then head to the SKL/TK lounges. IMO.
Thai-Kiwi and worldclubber like this.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Better to sit and wait at the TG lounge for 5-30 mins, have the massage, then head to the SKL/TK lounges. IMO.
Would do the same. The TG lounges are not up to the standard of SQ and BR, but adequate for a short wait.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll settle for 400 Round-trip that makes it 800 metres and not worth walking to the sap, booking, going to SKL, and then back again. Better to sit and wait at the TG lounge for 5-30 mins, have the massage, then head to the SKL/TK lounges. IMO.
A sensible approach for many.

Just to note that walking 400m will take around 5 mins, and 800m 10 mins. Maybe I have spent too much time walking around Suvarnabhumi over the years. Indeed, I was managed a 'special' visit prior to the official opening and walked pretty much the full floor plan on each level....

(Walking pace is approx 5km/h, 3mph or 1.4 m/s. So 400m would take 286 secs or 4.8 min)
Old May 1, 2019, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

duplicate
Old May 1, 2019, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
A sensible approach for many.

Just to note that walking 400m will take around 5 mins, and 800m 10 mins. Maybe I have spent too much time walking around Suvarnabhumi over the years. Indeed, I was managed a 'special' visit prior to the official opening and walked pretty much the full floor plan on each level....

(Walking pace is approx 5km/h, 3mph or 1.4 m/s. So 400m would take 286 secs or 4.8 min)
Maybe it does... but it *feels* a lot longer. And if you can do it on 5, most of us will get a bit sweaty. Not nice in poorly air conditioned surrounds (as it was in all of the SKL, TG lounge and concourse on saturday night).
Old May 1, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Actually the SQ lounge is just past D7 as you walk toward D8 (on the lower level). I agree, you can do a lot of walking at Suvarnabhumi.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Actually the SQ lounge is just past D7 as you walk toward D8 (on the lower level). I agree, you can do a lot of walking at Suvarnabhumi.
Great for a long walk between two long flights.
restlessinRNO and RTWFF like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.