Any difference between 77W and 772ER in Y?

Old Feb 8, 19, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Any difference between 77W and 772ER in Y?

I just noticed that TG953 CPH-HKT and TG952 BKK-CPH will change from 77W to 772 soon. TG963 ARN-BKK and TG962 BKK-ARN is already operated by 772. I'm considering flights in Y but I haven't traveled on the 772 in Y (not that I can remember of). Any difference in Y (seat, IFE; USB ports etc)?

Last edited by SK AAR; Feb 8, 19 at 4:03 pm
Old Feb 8, 19, 7:05 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
did they not have plans to refurbish 777-200ER? at least J class. As J in 777-200ER is not full flat. Could not imagine that they would replace permanently the 77w on those routes if the 777-200ER had now also full flat J seats; if not replacement is probably only for the time being as long they have a shortage in long haul flights due to the problems with the 787 motors
Old Feb 8, 19, 8:54 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
In Y the 77W has more modern fit out, such as USB port next to IFE screen.
Some good pictures on airliners.net see below.

I recall that the 772-ER has a very good seat pitch of 34", but don't know the specification of the 77W.

77E:
https://www.airliners.net/photo/Thai...8Dt5Q7oA%3D%3D
https://www.airliners.net/photo/Thai...8Dt5Q7oA%3D%3D

77W:
https://www.airliners.net/photo/Thai...%2BQHL8gXNlETI
https://www.airliners.net/photo/Thai...%2BQHL8gXNlETI
Old Feb 9, 19, 2:07 am

Programs: United GS, SPG & Marriott Platinum
So nice that THAI hasn't gone 3-4-3 with their 777s...... not yet anyway.....
Old Feb 10, 19, 7:38 pm
soy

Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
I just noticed that TG953 CPH-HKT and TG952 BKK-CPH will change from 77W to 772 soon. TG963 ARN-BKK and TG962 BKK-ARN is already operated by 772. I'm considering flights in Y but I haven't traveled on the 772 in Y (not that I can remember of). Any difference in Y (seat, IFE; USB ports etc)?
<br /><br /><br />Aghhhh, where did you read this, or are you just going by seat maps?<br />I am due to fly ex-CPH in July and really do not want to see those angle-flat seats. Right now my seat map is showing 77w. I know there is always the risk of getting TG'd but I thought CPH was pretty reliable as a 77w route
Old Feb 10, 19, 11:11 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by soy View Post
<br /><br /><br />Aghhhh, where did you read this, or are you just going by seat maps?<br />I am due to fly ex-CPH in July and really do not want to see those angle-flat seats. Right now my seat map is showing 77w. I know there is always the risk of getting TG'd but I thought CPH was pretty reliable as a 77w route
Pretty unlikely that TG puts old J permanenty on this route! I would not worry too much. Currently occasionally as the problems with the 787 are ongoing and they do not have enough planes with full flat seats for all the long haul routes!
Old Feb 11, 19, 2:06 am

Programs: M&M, ROP
it may affect the second (back-up) flight only, which is returning via Phuket and flying on weekends only, but not the daily mid-night flight, I hope
Old Feb 11, 19, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit View Post
it may affect the second (back-up) flight only, which is returning via Phuket and flying on weekends only, but not the daily mid-night flight, I hope
Yes, I'm referring to the additional flights in high season, TG 953 CPH-HKT-BKK and TG952 BKK-CPH on Fridays and Sundays only. TG950 and TG951 remain unchanged.
Old Feb 11, 19, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
Pretty unlikely that TG puts old J permanenty on this route! I would not worry too much.
I agree. Rumors say that the CPH route is the most profitable in the entire TG network (no wonder with the fares TG charges! - and the flights are always full (except for really low season to TH).
Old Feb 11, 19, 2:51 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Yes TG950/951 remain 77W and only the triangular rotation 952/953 will go 772.
Interesting if rumours are true as SK AAR states, given the comparison that SAS never really made money on the BKK route despite better flight times. I realise labour costs and the fact that they had 10 hrs of downtime for the plane in BKK undoubtedly had something to do with it, but still..
Old Feb 17, 19, 1:22 am

Programs: TG*G, BA Silver, Marriott, IHG Gold Ambassador, Priority Pass
Yes there is, it's the computational speed of the OS used in PTV.