Leopard Cub smuggled from BKK to MAA

Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Leopard Cub smuggled from BKK to MAA

I know Swampy security is not the best but it’s rather alarming that a Man was able to smuggle a Leopard Cub onto a TG flight to MAA ( Chennai ) in hand luggage, as reported by AFP.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Well, yes and no. To be honest, I am not sure that the carry on scanners are really sensitive enough to show a probably sedated and sleeping tiny little cub.

I find it more worrying that the Japanese government has raised concerns with the US over increasing number of passengers connecting at Narita from the US with guns in their carry o on. Guns that the TSA fails to spot.

Guns should be spotted, cubs are debatable I think. That being said, people snuggling wild life should really be caught and stopped.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
some media say, it was in the checked in luggage, others are talking about the hand luggage...
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BinSabai
some media say, it was in the checked in luggage, others are talking about the hand luggage...
The risk of sending it as checked luggage is too high i would say, even on a short flight the baggage hold becomes v cold if the airline is not expecting to carry live animals.

​​​​​​
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
It may just have looked like a very small pet dog - and I have noticed these being carried/pushed around by doting owners at some airports...and so I assume that they are being carried more often.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
It may just have looked like a very small pet dog - and I have noticed these being carried/pushed around by doting owners at some airports...and so I assume that they are being carried more often.
Yes, transported in the proper containers & with the necessary documents not smuggled in carry on’s.....
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:54 am

I am not sure what a small animal smuggled in hand carries has to do with security and safety!
security need to discover guns, explosives, knives and other weapons..but the cute little cub will not bite your arm or leg off....
andyptrav likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am not sure what a small animal smuggled in hand carries has to do with security and safety!
security need to discover guns, explosives, knives and other weapons..but the cute little cub will not bite your arm or leg off....
It might when it grows up

So If it’s next time a Cobra & escapes on your flight near to you ?

Those scanners are supposed to view the entire contents of the carry on items, presupposes the operative is paying any attention
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by chris63
It might when it grows up

So If it’s next time a Cobra & escapes on your flight near to you ?

Those scanners are supposed to view the entire contents of the carry on items, presupposes the operative is paying any attention

if you take the little cub on a long haul Eurowing flight, chances are that it grows up until the delayed flight arrives…

we have cobras sometimes in our garden and the majority of them only fly cattle class, so I am not worried…

I guess it is impossible to identify everything that is in the carry ons (some of us would select more carefully if it was...), so they focus on those, which could jeopardize security
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

if you take the little cub on a long haul Eurowing flight, chances are that it grows up until the delayed flight arrives…

we have cobras sometimes in our garden and the majority of them only fly cattle class, so I am not worried…

I guess it is impossible to identify everything that is in the carry ons (some of us would select more carefully if it was...), so they focus on those, which could jeopardize security
Fortunately I don’t take EW flights but for certain you would’nt be able to take a Leopard Cub on one without the correct EU valid papers

How did your Cobras explain that to you ?

No coincidence that BKK is considered an ‘unclean’ originating airport by EU & this latest episode is only going to reinforce that decision
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:02 am

They are more zealous in rooting out liquids that can be confiscated and resold on eBay.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paolo64
They are more zealous in rooting out liquids that can be confiscated and resold on eBay.
Impossible in Thailand, didn’t you hear the Military Government already abolished corruption

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.