Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK lounge opening in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by worldclubber

We were talking about lounges. And both the FCLs in MUC and ZRH are not Do&Co catered and have better f&b and service than the Do&Co catered FCT at FRA. With a decent budget, even LSG can provide a great lounge experience. And with limited budget, Do&Co is not (much) better than the others. At least that’s how I see it.
So you can't. Thanks for confirming.

The perpetual critics with nothing to positive to say do get tiresome.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee

So now it is not allowed to say that something is not as good as it used to be without naming something better? Declining quality of one company does not necessarily mean that another is better...
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Kacee

If you could trouble yourself to read my post, you would see that I did in fact explicitly state that even LSG can be better under similar circumstances (example: LH Group First Class Lounges). In my view, the quality primarily depends on the budget given to whatever caterer and how well-negotiated the contract is, and not to the "fact" that Do&Co is just inherently better than all of the others. And yes, I do think Do&Co is overhyped and agree with the other poster that it has gone downhill over the last few years. You are more than welcome not to share my perspective.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: LH M&M (SEN); TG ROP GOLD

Snapped a quick pic a few days ago as I was passing
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lcy flyer
Snapped a quick pic a few days ago as I was passing
so it is at the far west end of the D concourse, close to D/E/F/G intersection?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
so it is at the far west end of the D concourse, close to D/E/F/G intersection?
Yes, opposite the JAL lounge which I guess makes sense as I typically see the TK planes at the E, F of G gates.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
I’ve only been in the Istanbul lounge, and personally I like it. The food is nice, there are cooking stations too. If you’ve got a sweet tooth (I don’t) there is a great selection of cakes & desserts. My personal favourite is the olive bar with umpteen types of olives. There is also a nice selection of Turkish wine. Would be interesting to get feedback on the Bangkok lounge as I have no idea what sort of concept they offer at outstations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.