FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Delayed luggage - Business class - Award ticket (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1952714-delayed-luggage-business-class-award-ticket.html)

alamar52 Jan 24, 2019 7:29 am

Delayed luggage - Business class - Award ticket

Just seeking some advice from the experts here.

My flight was from ZRG-FCO-BKK-DPS business all the way.

When I landed in DPS, turns out luggage never left FCO.

Only ZRG-FCO was Swiss Airlines
All other routes were Thai Airways.

Luggage didn’t arrive till 28 hours next day and I had no carry on and therefore no essentials for 1 full day.

I filed a claim with TG.

They offered $150USD per person.

I have easily spend more than that on taxi fare to local mall that would be able to issue official receipts, purchased essentials, clothes, under garments and ride back to hotel. Unfortunately I have now lost a few receipts and am considering taking a cash settlement

Trying to figure out what is a reasonable amount. What email should I email? It sounded like the staff at DPS just want to finish and close my file quickly and quietly

thoughts?

Ticket was purchased with Aeroplan Points

Kacee Jan 24, 2019 8:39 am

$150 US in Bali sounds quite generous to me for a 28 hour delay.

ajeleonard Jan 24, 2019 8:41 am

$150 sounds very reasonable for 1 day delay, even in New York City or London, let alone Bali

Did you buy a suit?

Thai-Kiwi Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am

and was there also travel insurance you could claim on?

BinSabai Jan 25, 2019 2:19 am

ZRG-FCO?
did you mean ZRH-FCO
you spent over 150 USD in taxi fares to the next mall...in Bali? I could drive more than once around the whole Island for less than 150 USD

150 USD is appropriate!

I got two times only 100 USD from SQ for 24 hours delayed luggage

Mwenenzi Jan 25, 2019 2:28 am

Originally Posted by alamar52 (Post 30694552)
I have easily spend more than that on taxi fare to local mall

A taxi fare in Bali was $150USD :confused: :confused:

Having essential carry-on is always good practice.

hgp Jan 25, 2019 2:32 am

Exactly how much were you hoping for?

USD150 sounds about right to me in this situation. You could decline it and continue negotiating, but may well end up with nothing.

SKT-DK Jan 25, 2019 2:35 am

Two words - travel insurance.

As for spending 150 USD on a taxi in Bali - did you rent it for a week?! :confused:

LondonElite Jan 25, 2019 2:59 am

Fair and quick resolution IMO. For anything else use your travel insurance.

chris63 Jan 26, 2019 8:47 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 30698462)
Fair and quick resolution IMO. For anything else use your travel insurance.

+ 1 ^

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jan 27, 2019 3:27 am

Originally Posted by alamar52 (Post 30694552)
Just seeking some advice from the experts here.

My flight was from ZRG-FCO-BKK-DPS business all the way.

When I landed in DPS, turns out luggage never left FCO.

Only ZRG-FCO was Swiss Airlines
All other routes were Thai Airways.

Luggage didn’t arrive till 28 hours next day and I had no carry on and therefore no essentials for 1 full day.

I filed a claim with TG.

I have easily spend more than that on taxi fare to local mall that would be able to issue official receipts, purchased essentials, clothes, under garments and ride back to hotel. Unfortunately I have now lost a few receipts and am considering taking a cash settlement

Trying to figure out what is a reasonable amount. What email should I email? It sounded like the staff at DPS just want to finish and close my file quickly and quietly

thoughts?

Ticket was purchased with Aeroplan Points

Ticket being an award is of no relevance. Premium cabin might have got you a bit more to spend as compared to economy class.

USD150 sounds about right - my similar delay in Zurich a couple years back got me CHF150 per 24 hours (inbound on LH/LX from USA via FRA)

For Bali USD150 should be more than enough to buy underwear, a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and some flip flops. And you can pocket the difference. The taxi shouldn't have been anywhere near that much.

If you were there for a business meeting I can understand you may have needed to buy appropriate attire, but at the same time, those attending the business meeting would understand luggage not arriving (it's probably happened to them!)

I would claim the USD150 to cover off items you don't have a receipt for. Use your travel insurance for items you have a receipt for.

brunos Jan 30, 2019 3:11 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 30705640)

I would claim the USD150 to cover off items you don't have a receipt for. Use your travel insurance for items you have a receipt for.

My travel insurance would ask me what the airline paid and would only cover the difference. This is pretty standard.