Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suvarnabhumi landside meeting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks SKT-DK!
with cafe/restaurant level do you mean level 3 between departure and arrival level?
Always busy and even supposed upmarket cafes such as Dean & Deluca are fully occupied with passengers looking after three suitcases while sitting with a solitary cup of coffee. Mind you, by mid-afternoon their entire supply of food is much depleted anyway

I tend to go to the Domestic end of the Arrivals level, always much less busy but not really somewhere to sit down and have a coffee - more the usual airport waiting area
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Of course the locations myself and others have suggested may not be up to BinSabai's normal standards provided by TG in BC and FC in terms of food and champagne (and you can't preorder).
Thai-Kiwi and BinSabai like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Its a five minute walk.....I did it the other day with a friend of mine who was departing BKK, having stayed the night at the hotel. It's your best option as the lobby lounge is huge and almost always quiet. The Business centre has an even quieter area you can use. The airport coffee shops and public areas are disastrous for a "quiet meeting" and Thailand Elite does not have any landside facilities, and you need to be a member to use their facilities.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by maerim
Of course the locations myself and others have suggested may not be up to BinSabai's normal standards provided by TG in BC and FC in terms of food and champagne (and you can't preorder).

just need a relatively quiet space. drinking water I can bring along myself...no champagne and food needed for a business meeting
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Main Wheel

No no, it is not a 15 minute walk. I did a lot of research on this a couple of years or so back, and this video is about the best you will find that shows you where to go. The travelators you see in the vid on the basement level where the author has written “how could I miss the big arrows” are at the entrance to the tunnel, and a 7 is adjacent them for you to use as a landmark. It really is quite easy to find and quite easy to walk it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...smzB66Qw2irGZg
interesting clip, thank you!
the clip takes already 5 minutes to show the right way to go...so how many minutes is the real walk from the arrival level!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
interesting clip, thank you!
the clip takes already 5 minutes to show the right way to go...so how many minutes is the real walk from the arrival level!
i would estimate 5-7 minutes. I imagine you could take longer than that finding a suitably quiet place on level 3 if the terminal is busy. Once you find the tunnel it is about 3-4 minutes, and the tunnel is 2 levels below arrivals. You can even purchase your refreshments at the 7 in the basement. It is the cheapest place to shop in the terminal as a lot of the airport staff go down there for meal breaks etc.

Just to add. The easiest way down to the basement is get down to level 1 however you choose, once on level 1 then walk all the way to the eastern end of that floor where you will find the escalator heading to the basement level (B1) go down that, walk straight ahead and the tunnel will be on your right.
BinSabai likes this.

Last edited by Main Wheel; Jan 19, 2019 at 1:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.