Suvarnabhumi landside meeting

Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Suvarnabhumi landside meeting

for a 1-2 hour meeting landside at Suvarnabhumi what would you recommend? (just 2 persons)
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
That is an interesting question and something I havent ever done.

Assuming you want somewhere quiet to talk maybe with a table to lay things out, perhaps the Novotel has a coffee/bar that is suitable - depending on the time of day.

Perhaps as a Plat you could ask to use the F or J check in area. The J area on the left side as you enter, and in seems usually to be a quiet area . I sometimes sort my passport and carryon in the area.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

thanks Thai-Kiwi
Novotel is a bit far to walk, In the J check in area are some seats and table, but often they are quite occupied
any quiet coffee shop?
I am sure that meetings at airports are quite common
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I would say the Novotel would probably be the best option too if quietness is of the essence - despite the walk. Whenever I have ventured down to the cafe/restaurant level between departures and arrivals it has always been very busy. I think it may be difficult to find somewhere quiet, but if you can compromise on that there are plenty of places on that level, and the coffee shops tend to be a little more quiet than the restaurants at least. Of course that may vary depending on the time of day.

My theory is that the further away you go from the escalators and lifts, the more quiet the places will be.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
There may be a chance to use a company office or Thailand Elite (if still going) for a fee. That would need some negotiation of course and might not provide the environment.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

thanks SKT-DK!
with cafe/restaurant level do you mean level 3 between departure and arrival level?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks SKT-DK!
with cafe/restaurant level do you mean level 3 between departure and arrival level?
Yes that is the one - level 3 where you have the airline offices towards the Domestic side and a bunch of cafes and restaurants for the rest. - And the access bridges to the carpark.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:21 am
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
The level 3 area is good, but gets very crowded around meal times.
Another option is in the basement near the entrance for the airport train - IIRC there is a Dunkin' Donuts and another cafe or two with some seating that is much less busy.
SKT-DK and Thai-Kiwi like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:22 am

That sounds like a good shout, bpe - I never use the Airport Express, so had no idea there was anything worth mentioning down there
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: Thai Airways
3rd Floor can be horifically busy. Many times I have met a Japanese colleague at SVB between about 7 and 9 pm for a couple of hours and as we need to talk business for at least some of the time we find that one of, if not the quietest places to sit on the 3rd Floor is Fuji. We don't of course go for the quality of the food, but at least you can get a table without waiting and sit in relative quiet.

The further you walk in the direction of Fuji the less busy it is.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bpe
The level 3 area is good, but gets very crowded around meal times.
Another option is in the basement near the entrance for the airport train - IIRC there is a Dunkin' Donuts and another cafe or two with some seating that is much less busy.
Basement? do you mean on arrival level or one level below?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: Thai Airways
Level B1 (level below taxis) in response to previous post. There is also a Food Court on Level 1 (I think) which is not so well known and can be quiet.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Question: Novotel: how far is it actually to walk there and where exactly to go from the main terminal?
some said that it is more than 15 minutes walk; then of course it takes quite some time to go there and back...
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:20 am

The Novotel is only about 200 m from the main terminal. You should be there in around 5 min if you find the tunnel. See here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location..._Province.html

Also the food court on the lowest level is usually relatively quiet, but not very nice.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
Question: Novotel: how far is it actually to walk there and where exactly to go from the main terminal?
some said that it is more than 15 minutes walk; then of course it takes quite some time to go there and back...
No no, it is not a 15 minute walk. I did a lot of research on this a couple of years or so back, and this video is about the best you will find that shows you where to go. The travelators you see in the vid on the basement level where the author has written how could I miss the big arrows are at the entrance to the tunnel, and a 7 is adjacent them for you to use as a landmark. It really is quite easy to find and quite easy to walk it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...smzB66Qw2irGZg
BinSabai likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.