FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   More overall cutbacks on SYD-BKK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1950858-more-overall-cutbacks-syd-bkk.html)

RTWFF Jan 13, 19 8:49 pm

More overall cutbacks on SYD-BKK
 
Overall from 1 June there will be fewer seats on direct flights between Sydney and Bangkok, as Emirates cuts out its 777 service altogether. That leaves just one service on a clapped-out 747 from Thai, and an A330 service from Qantas. Unless someone else acts that suggests higher fares on the route

Tokyoite Jan 14, 19 7:29 pm

Thai has double daily service to SYD.
besides, it is a mostly leisure route, and price increases would simply push tourists towards the likes of jetstar.

BinSabai Jan 14, 19 7:52 pm


Originally Posted by Tokyoite (Post 30655281)
Thai has double daily service to SYD.

not anymore...

Thai-Kiwi Jan 14, 19 11:04 pm

The thread title is a little misleading, as OP really is talking about other changes (EK) rather than the already reduced TG service - so perhaps less relevant.

ohsopc Jan 15, 19 5:37 am

maybe the EK cut will let TG and QF increase their own services to Bangkok.

RTWFF Jan 15, 19 6:26 pm


Originally Posted by Tokyoite (Post 30655281)
Thai has double daily service to SYD.
besides, it is a mostly leisure route, and price increases would simply push tourists towards the likes of jetstar.

TG now has a single service between Sydney and Bangkok, as I said in my original post. Anyone who wants to fly on Jetstar to Bangkok would have to travel to Melbourne first

RTWFF Jan 15, 19 6:27 pm


Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 30655837)
The thread title is a little misleading, as OP really is talking about other changes (EK) rather than the already reduced TG service - so perhaps less relevant.

Hence the use of the word "overall"

Thai-Kiwi Jan 15, 19 9:38 pm


Originally Posted by RTWFF (Post 30659296)
Hence the use of the word "overall"

[TIME TO KILL]
I’ll nit pick as I have an hour to kill.....

In the THAI thread, most folks scanning the titles would assume the poster is referring to a reduction in THAI flights if the text reads “More overall cutbacks on SYD-BKK”. Of course your actual content is clear and interesting.

Suggestions for alternative titles:

“THAI faces less competition SYD-BKK”
”Will THAI increase frequency SYD-BKK following EK exit”

[/TIME TO KILL]

Edited to add: The post above was not intended to be taken seriously or to cause offence.

SKT-DK Jan 15, 19 10:03 pm


Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 30659846)

[TIME TO KILL]
I’ll nit pick as I have an hour to kill.....

In the THAI thread, most folks scanning the titles would assume the poster is referring to a reduction in THAI flights if the text reads “More overall cutbacks on SYD-BKK”. Of course your actual content is clear and interesting.

Suggestions for alternative titles:

“THAI faces less competition SYD-BKK”
”Will THAI increase frequency SYD-BKK following EK exit”

[/TIME TO KILL]

Completely agree with you - and yes, it does look like you have a bit of time to kill this morning :D :D

BinSabai Jan 15, 19 11:00 pm


Originally Posted by SKT-DK (Post 30659923)
Completely agree with you - and yes, it does look like you have a bit of time to kill this morning :D :D

it was just a friendly advise of Thai-Kiwi to a youngster...

SKT-DK Jan 15, 19 11:08 pm


Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 30660074)
it was just a friendly advise of Thai-Kiwi to a youngster...

I know - just felt like Thai-Kiwi's creative comment needed to be recognised :D

RTWFF Jan 16, 19 6:29 pm


Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 30659846)
Edited to add: The post above was not intended to be taken seriously or to cause offence.

That made me chuckle - I once made a tongue-in-cheek comment in another airline Forum altogether (Virgin Australia), and boy did the haters pile on because they hadn't recognised their legs were being pulled. Unfortunately written comments don't convey "mood" or any other subtle form of messaging. I've just received an email reply from the Secretary of an organisation I belong to where I jokingly said in my original "It's important to worry about the little people"; he decided he would tell me off but then went on to claim rather pompously that he too believed in looking after the interests of those less fortunate. Laugh? - yes, until I cried


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:55 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.