Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways International (TG) credit card for check in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Hi to all. I am new to this forum. My husband purchased our TG tickets online. His name on the E ticket is exactly the same as his passport (with his middle name). However, the credit card he used online is without his middle name. He called Thai Airways in BKK and the agent said it should be all ok. (Japan office is closed for holidays)But we are still a bit concerned. If you were in the situation like this, what would you do?
Thank you in advance!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 11:29 pm

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Pretty sure the credit card number is the important issue, not the exact name.

They want to see that the person who used that credit card (number) to buy the tickets actually has possession of that physical card.

BTW I purchase all my TG flights online and have only been asked to show the purchasing CC several times. But I always have it with me ... just in case.

It's an annoying policy, especially for people whose flights may be purchased for them by other people.
andyptrav likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
for check-in its important that all names in ticket are identical with names in passport (mentioned in the below line -> computer-literacy (computer-readable)...CC is not important as long as you are not requested to present for payment verification check
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
with or without middle name it does not matter!
I also have a middle name (in my passport) but never use it for any credit card or membership card.
NEVER had any issue!
andyptrav likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:56 am

and welcome to the board Tabisuki-san
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for the replies

I spoke with a Japan office and was told that the clause in the email below has been removed this summer (for anyone purchased a ticket on their Japanese website. That's what he said) Therefore the middle name fiasco is gone now.
But the email we received a few days ago did still state the clause.
Their system needs to be updated! So no more confusion over CC etc.

And also I was told that the two seats we were assigned might be moved WITHOUT notice. I asked the agent how we would know if that happens. He said "CHECK your reservation periodically". Ohhhhh we need to keep our eyes on the HP so often? He said they MIGHT SEPARATE the two seats.........Ouch.
We are going to fly international (C class) and get this kind of.....
Well hope for the best I guess. Thank you again for reading my post.
.................................................. .................
From the email sent by Thai Airways:
THE PICTURE IDENTIFICATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD USED FOR ANY PURCHASE BY PHONE OR INTERNET, SHALL BE PRESENTED AT CHECK-IN.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:17 pm

They still ask to present credit card at check in if you buy directly from TG (at least they did last month when I checked in with a ticket purchased from TG)
that the seats are separated could only happen if flight is cancelled and you are moved to another flight, where no adjoining seats are available as it is already pretty full
or if aircraft type is swapped to totally different one, which does not have the seat numbers you hold. (so what aircraft type are you booked on?)
but anyway in those two cases as your two seats are on same record, agent will try to keep seats together in above two cases.
So you certainly do not have to check seat assignment frequently
andyptrav likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: BRK-B
What if I bought from TG office directly? Do I need to show credit card?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Noppasit
yes; got award ticket from their and paid fees by credit card and had to show it during check in
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:01 am

(QUOTE=BinSabai) They still ask to present credit card at check in if you buy directly from TG (at least they did last month when I checked in with a ticket purchased from TG)

where/which city did you start from, BinSabai?

No, they would NORMALLY do the check and verification in the booking directly in the office where you bought the ticket....but exceptions seem to be the rule
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
(QUOTE=BinSabai) They still ask to present credit card at check in if you buy directly from TG (at least they did last month when I checked in with a ticket purchased from TG)

where/which city did you start from, BinSabai
BKK
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BinSabai
with or without middle name it does not matter!
I also have a middle name (in my passport) but never use it for any credit card or membership card.
NEVER had any issue!
Same here. Never a problem.

It's been awhile since I've purchased TG tix in office but never have i been asked to show the CC at checkin afterwards.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:08 am

BKK
its really strange because they asked me in BKK, too, when I had made the reservation and purchased the ticket in their Munich office...
But in general they keep telling that there is "no need anymore" to present CC upon departure (regardless any other wording on the website!) at least if tickets start in Thailand, Germany, Japan and other countries where they haven't observed much CC-fraud activities during the last years......
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
its really strange because they asked me in BKK, too, when I had made the reservation and purchased the ticket in their Munich office...
But in general they keep telling that there is "no need anymore" to present CC upon departure (regardless any other wording on the website!) at least if tickets start in Thailand, Germany, Japan and other countries where they haven't observed much CC-fraud activities during the last years......
So should I challenge the check in clerk when he/she is asking me for my credit card that there is no need anymore to show?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:51 am

So should I challenge the check in clerk when he/she is asking me for my credit card that there is no need anymore to show?
Yes, do so (if you have time enough to undergo all the challenges which you might face from this. I was showing-up too late, just minutes before check-in was closing, to risk a long discussion with the agent....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.