First Class Rimowa Kits?

Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
wow, 100 posts about an amenity kit...
Still not enough to express my sadness about the change.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by agjil
Still not enough to express my sadness about the change.
nobody understands this change! how can they think they can get away with such a lousy look-a-like!
agjil and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
nobody understands this change! how can they think they can get away with such a lousy look-a-like!
Exactly & LH have done the same, Rimowa are universally liked & none of the replacements LH have come up with have been appreciated, seems like LH & TG have no idea of passengers preferences for amenity kits
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by chris63

Exactly & LH have done the same, Rimowa are universally liked & none of the replacements LH have come up with have been appreciated, seems like LH & TG have no idea of passengers preferences for amenity kits
Yeah, the Porsche one is so ugly, it’s worse than Samsonite one NH replaced their Rimowa one with.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
The probably just don't care?

I have to give TG one thing: I do not mind so much when airlines (such as TG) replace the Rimowa in one direction, but getting rid of them altogether is what bothers me.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:16 am
kkl

any source, link to sustain this claim?
Apparently the hand lotion in the F bathrooms are about 60-70aud a bottle?? Similar price to aesop?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kkl
Apparently the hand lotion in the F bathrooms are about 60-70aud a bottle?? Similar price to aesop?
were the Australian Dollars so much devaluated recently?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Can anybody verify amenity kit being offered on ex-KIX flights? Rumor has it no kits and no PJs.
Old May 23, 2019, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by therossinator
Can anybody verify amenity kit being offered on ex-KIX flights? Rumor has it no kits and no PJs.
Amenity kit not provided. I asked about a toothbrush or amenity kit and was provided a toothbrush. My seat mate had a Porsche amenity kit so I asked and he seemed to think everyone got one. I mentioned it to the purser and a few minutes later was provided a dark blue Porsche kit.
BKK to SYD had the new Rimowa kits (yellow) with straight zipper pulls and the nice pajamas with the tall collar.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
A friend also received the yellow Rimowa kit last week flying BKK-SYD F.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So Rimowa is back in F? Flying two F segments next month and was hoping they might be back.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dmjaffe
So Rimowa is back in F? Flying two F segments next month and was hoping they might be back.
From BKK yes, to BKK no.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
From BKK yes, to BKK no.
Ok. I've got one to BKK and one from BKK. So I guess I can sample both!
Old May 31, 2019, 6:57 pm

On 31 May SYD-BKK-KIX:
First segment (1000-1620) - Porsche kit waiting at each seat (dark blue) and Boggi pajamas offered despite being a daytime flight.
Second segment (2359-0730) - Rimowa kit waiting at each seat (lemon yellow w/ beige zipper/straight zipper pulls), pajamas only provided upon request, they were the high collar/button placard.

Also of note, the shower in my massage room was not working so I showered in the main spa restroom. There is a full steam room and sauna in there for all first class passengers. I didn't realize that this was available, but all you need to do is to give them about 20 minutes notice to get it warmed up and you're set. I'd image that the rooms are hardly ever used given how much they promote them.
Also, I didn't realize until this visit that their lounge scotch (Chivas Regal Royal Salute 21 year) and cognac (Hennessy XO) both retail for $180 per bottle. Great siping to be had on my 7 hour layover.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
Good to know that Royal Salute is available. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.