Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Rimowa Kits?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Tastes are different again, maybe also cultures.

In most European cultures, a pink amenity kit is just completely unthinkable for all but the most extroverted heterosexual males. An (albeit ugly) silver one is not.
at least you reveal your thoroughly old-fashioned soul!
to associate the color pink with homosexuality is hopelessly outdated!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by BinSabai
at least you reveal your thoroughly old-fashioned soul!
to associate the color pink with homosexuality is hopelessly outdated!
No, it‘s not what I said. Never said pink is associated with homosexuality, only said that most heterosexual men wouldn’t usually pick a pink kit.

My daughter likes pink, too.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
No, it‘s not what I said. Never said pink is associated with homosexuality, only said that most heterosexual men wouldn’t usually pick a pink kit.
of course you did not say this directly but your use of the term "heterosexual" implicated it!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:44 pm

of course you did not say this directly but your use of the term "heterosexual" implicated it!
Only if the world only consisted of either heterosexual and homosexual men. There are also women, boys, girls, etc.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:49 pm
kkl

Only the new ones on hdd-bkk
Asked for rimowa but none avail
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Talking

Originally Posted by kkl
Only the new ones on hdd-bkk
Asked for rimowa but none avail
TG now only load the Rimowa ex-BKK, everywhere else gets the ugly Porsche ones.....and I love the shocking pink Rimowas, have five of them now...REAL men love pink......
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
TG now only load the Rimowa ex-BKK, everywhere else gets the ugly Porsche ones.....and I love the shocking pink Rimowas, have five of them now...REAL men love pink......
And the pink ones are appreciated by the wife....and gik.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
REAL men love pink......
Every time I hear the term "real men..." it just seems so out of touch. I guess I'm not a real man as I prefer the violet.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:56 pm

the never ending discussions about the Rimowa amenity kits…
saw some on sale (various colors) at Sampeng lane the other day from 200 Baht (6 USD)...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
saw some on sale (various colors) at Sampeng lane the other day from 200 Baht (6 USD)...
They look very nice, but for use later I find them very impractical in size. They are too small for much practical use.

So while I use a lot of airline kits for travel use, these either go to the garbage after the flight or if someone manages to show interest before I get around to tossing them.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Yes it is funny how it seems to be the end of the world if people do not get their Rimowa kit on their flight - another seemingly award traveller syndrome..?

Or maybe it is some human rights decree I have missed, entitling all humans to a Rimowa kit on every TG F flight?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
The older Tumi amenity kit bags are better, as I can easily squash them in to my hand carry and the flexibility of the canvas material allows me fit a lot in. Still, my wife loves the colours of the Rimowas, especially the more unusual ones like lime green, pink, violet, black etc. We have quite a collection now, probably about 30 of them, and they are regularly given to family and friends
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:17 am
kkl

Have been told the contents of the new case is superior to the rimowas. Payot is good stuff
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by kkl
Have been told the contents of the new case is superior to the rimowas. Payot is good stuff
That’s probably true. I got rid of just about everything that was in the rimowa case, as it was not great quality.

Still more useful than the candle one gets on SQ these days...
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
any source, link to sustain this claim?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.