Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Rimowa Kits?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
OK, as one with interest in the PJs, I’ll make a proposal for late Apr. I arranged when living in Bangkok 2004-2007. I think @dsquared37 is the only current active member from that period I have caught up with...

I will send some PMs to gauge preferences on location, day, time etc

Cheers, TK
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
OK, as one with interest in the PJs, I’ll make a proposal for late Apr. I arranged when living in Bangkok 2004-2007. I think @dsquared37 is the only current active member from that period I have caught up with...

I will send some PMs to gauge preferences on location, day, time etc

Cheers, TK
I actually moved outside Bangkok (around 80km) but could come to the city for a drink
Thai-Kiwi, SKT-DK and Thaikwai like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:53 pm

Rimowa and traditional beige PJs on last night's BKK-SYD.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by DH188
Rimowa and traditional beige PJs on last night's BKK-SYD.
thanks; when are you flying back? or if this was your return to SYD, what did you get ex SYD?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:58 am

This was the return.
Received the new stuff ex SYD two weeks ago.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
I've got my first real F class flight ex HND on Saturday. I will be really disappointed if EVA can give me a Rimowa in J and Thai can't meet/beat that in F. I've got a really long layover in BKK to plead my way into a Rimowa kit at the F lounge if things go south on my flight. Will report back later.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:08 am
Suspended

Rimowa in red on BKK-FRA last Wednesday.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by therossinator
I've got my first real F class flight ex HND on Saturday. I will be really disappointed if EVA can give me a Rimowa in J and Thai can't meet/beat that in F. I've got a really long layover in BKK to plead my way into a Rimowa kit at the F lounge if things go south on my flight. Will report back later.
we keep our fingers crossed for you...
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Got a lime green on TG 677 NRT-BKK 17 Jan

On a side note, NH gives out Samsonite which is a bit bigger (I can stuff in more of my cables, wires, chargers, etc.) but very bland in colors - always some dark shade of dark blue with slightly different patterns. Quite boring, really.

LH used to give out Rimowa but those are long gone from the airline. I still, however, much prefer LH's jammies - they are much more comfortable!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:45 pm

Just got off the HND to BKK. Kit was a Porsche Design. Pajamas were the new Italian designer ones (material was very soft and very thin). I asked about a Rimowa and was told they didn’t have any on board. Five minutes later the purser comes back and tells me she found the last one on the plane and hands me a lime green Rimowa kit. I had already opened the Porsche Design kit to see what was inside (spoiler alert, that’s where all the Thai Air branding is) so I kept them both. It sounded like it was from an earlier flight and that they provide Rimowa ex BKK and Porsche Design ex outstations. Except for one or two contradicting posts in the thread, that seems to line up.

I will also say that the Porsche Design kit is noticeably lower quality. The zipper sewn to the hard shell is wavy, the little piece of leather like material that is the hinge is not really square. The side pockets inside are not elastic, they,re just loose. It was easily scratched and a little of the paint chipped while it was in the little side storage in the old 747 F seats.

And on a separate topic, I’m in the F lounge at BKK and flying out in Business on TG. Should I be able to get a 1 hour massage as Thai does not offer an F cabin to where I’m going? I would have thought so but am getting told I must pick one that is thirty minutes. Think it’s worth going straight to the spa to try to reschedule for the longer one with them?
BinSabai likes this.

Last edited by therossinator; Jan 18, 2019 at 7:24 pm
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I doubt you will score a one hour massage, as the use of the Spa is based on your departing flight, not the fact that you arrived in F. But let us know if you managed to blag your way in. F Lounge is normally not busy in the morning, so you might be lucky, but I doubt it. Good luck!!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
I doubt you will score a one hour massage, as the use of the Spa is based on your departing flight, not the fact that you arrived in F. But let us know if you managed to blag your way in. F Lounge is normally not busy in the morning, so you might be lucky, but I doubt it. Good luck!!
Again, not stray too off topic, but I asked at the spa and they said that they couldn’t do a 60 minute massage, but they could do two 30 minute messages, so I’ve got a head/shoulder as well as a foot. I guess it’s not an issue of time, but an issue of principle.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador

Again, not stray too off topic, but I asked at the spa and they said that they couldn’t do a 60 minute massage, but they could do two 30 minute messages, so I’ve got a head/shoulder as well as a foot. I guess it’s not an issue of time, but an issue of principle.
Yes, its principle because the 60 minute massage is in a private room, on a full massage bed with Aromatherapy oils, showers etc. while the 30 minute massages are on a massage chair with other chairs around you and you remain fully clothed....but its all very enjoyable, so enjoy!!!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:21 pm

So veering back to topic, the zipper pulls of the amenity kits:
The pulls on the black and tan amenity kit you show are very... chunky. This seems to be a new occurrence. I have Rimowa kits from Lufthansa and EVA as well as the one I just received from Thai and all of their zipper pulls are smaller and slightly curved.
On the Porsche Design kit, the zipper pulls are the only exterior feature that has the Thai branding. The logo is slightly debossed keeping it clean and subtle. Also on the note of branding, I think that the Porsche Design emblem on the exterior is aluminum.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:07 pm

It's neither an issue of time nor an issue of principle...but a typical Thai compromise to let everybody save face...
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.