FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   BKK LUGGAGE: TK international to TG domestic (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1947304-bkk-luggage-tk-international-tg-domestic.html)

cagcag Dec 23, 2018 11:14 pm

BKK LUGGAGE: TK international to TG domestic

Hello. Arriving on TK at 10.30 and departing TG domestic next morning at 08.30. Can luggage be interlined or must it be claimed on arrival? Customs clearance in BKK or CNX? Would bags be safe/secure? *A status if that matters in Y.
Thanks

BinSabai Dec 24, 2018 1:02 am

you do not mention whether your arrival is 1030am or 1030pm
I do not know about TK but usually all *A interline bags to TG domestic; certainly on one ticket, sometimes also on separate ticket
Immigration is in any case (whether you retrieve luggage or check through) in BKK: if you interline, customs clearance takes place in CNX
the general problem is that shops, restaurants and lounges in the domestic terminal are closed during night; so it is probably better to go through normal arrival immigration (and spend the night landside in a nearby hotel) and not through transit immigration into domestic terminal (transit immigration also closes during the night)
in general bags are safe in BKK

cagcag Dec 24, 2018 4:23 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 30569367)
you do not mention whether your arrival is 1030am or 1030pm
I do not know about TK but usually all *A interline bags to TG domestic; certainly on one ticket, sometimes also on separate ticket
Immigration is in any case (whether you retrieve luggage or check through) in BKK: if you interline, customs clearance takes place in CNX
the general problem is that shops, restaurants and lounges in the domestic terminal are closed during night; so it is probably better to go through normal arrival immigration (and spend the night landside in a nearby hotel) and not through transit immigration into domestic terminal (transit immigration also closes during the night)
in general bags are safe in BKK

Thanks for your reply. Arrival at 10.30AM. so 22 hours till next flight. We are trying to avoid taking luggage to hotel and leave instead with Airline and NOT using luggage storage services in BKK, due to need to leave Airport promptly after arrival; also due to early departure next day we would prefer not using Airport luggage storage services. This connection is all on a single ticket, so we were hoping TK in IST would tag luggage through to CNX. Thanks again for your prompt response.

BinSabai Dec 24, 2018 6:50 am

22 hours stopover is quite long and it depends on the policy of TK and/or you might have to insist and talk with the supervisor to be able to check through
TG does until max 24 hours stopover but sometimes if it is overnight, you have to insist, in particular from certain airports (I had to insist one time in China and one time in Korea)

cagcag Dec 24, 2018 9:30 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 30569812)
22 hours stopover is quite long and it depends on the policy of TK and/or you might have to insist and talk with the supervisor to be able to check through
TG does until max 24 hours stopover but sometimes if it is overnight, you have to insist, in particular from certain airports (I had to insist one time in China and one time in Korea)

BinSabai thanks again
I will push TK on IST upon checkin to tag the luggage through to CNX.

BinSabai Dec 24, 2018 5:51 pm

have a nice flight! and report back how it went!