Wiki Posts
Search

VTE to HKG ON 2 tickets TG to HX or CX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

VTE to HKG ON 2 tickets TG to HX or CX

Hello.
I have one ticket on TG from VTE to BKK arriving at 9:35pm.
I have a separate ticket on HX to HKG at 4am.
My colleague has a separate ticket on CX to HKG at 6:40am.

Should both of us assume that TG at VTE will not through check the luggage on to HKG and both of us will have to claim it at BKK and sit around until HX and CX open their check in desk.

For my colleague it might be worth going to the Novotel with a 6:40am departure but not for me with a 4am flight, right?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
It is possible TG at VTE would through check your bags, but I think it quite unlikely (unless someone has recent experience). Do you hold *A status at all? That might help.
I suggest you ask, and gracefully accept a likely 'no'.

I agree that it is a bit of an awkward wait given the flight timings, but I suspect best to prepare for an international arrival and then hang around for check-in counter opening.

There are other hotel options besides the Novotel - which is quite expensive - that offer an airport shuttle service.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
chances are slightly higher than 50% that luggage is checked through but nothing is guaranteed. It depends on checking agent and Station manager. And often it depend how you ask and negotiate and keep pushing. please let us know how it went
TG checks through all the time for *A flights on separate tickets…
if they do not check through I would also (As Thai-Kiwi) recommend alternative Hotels as Novotel is expensive and other nearby Hotels are available from 30-50 USD incl. pick up/drop off
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
In general TG does not mind to check bags to final destination even when on separate tickets and non-Star Alliance partners are involved. I believe that there is a very good chance that TG will check bags to final destination regardless if your next flight is with CX or HX - much higher than 50%. But as already stated, it depends on the person you speak to/the station manager. I have always been succesful when making such requests at check-in with TG, however, no first hand experience with VTE.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. The next question would be if HX has a transit desk airside at BKK.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chuck1
Thanks. The next question would be if HX has a transit desk airside at BKK.
certainly it has a transit desk airside: the Question is just whether its Transit desk is at the east side or the west side.
there is no actual Information online about Transit desks of the various Airlines as there are often some changes
even for the actual check in desk of HX you can find different informations. its own Website says row K while other Websites, who give an overview About all Airlines check in counters says row N
actual Information you will only get at the airport
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
As above, or just email/call/message HX and ask them......?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.