Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG J Class amenity kits?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:27 am

TG944 BKK-FCO. The “clownish, Ronal McDonald” Mandarina Duck mentioned above. Actually I like the colours: Imperial Red and Sunflower Yellow. It’s a keeper.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I think this thread is really unfair! It's getting my hopes up that I may get something other than the Greyhound on one of my upcoming flights!!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Look forward to the 2-tone green-brown camo ones that might be appearing once the election results are...errrm....finalised
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Look forward to the 2-tone green-brown camo ones that might be appearing once the election results are...errrm....finalised
Sorry for the OT question: do you think there will be any disruptions around May 9, i.e. the day the election results will be announced?

(will go through BKK twice right around that time)
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Sorry for the OT question: do you think there will be any disruptions around May 9, i.e. the day the election results will be announced?

(will go through BKK twice right around that time)
I’m sure we all hope not but .....

Election on Sunday gone & official results on May 9 ......
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We need to extraordinary patient then
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by chris63
I’m sure we all hope not but .....

Election on Sunday gone & official results on May 9 ......
It's not like it never happened before.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Major social ‘distraction’ with Thai New Year (Songkran) 13-15 April, Locals/Expats will often take a few days either side.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:33 pm

Major social ‘distraction’ with Thai New Year (Songkran) 13-15 April, Locals/Expats will often take a few days either side.
Thank you!

My next flights via BKK are early in May. Was just worried about the announcement of the election results on May 9.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you!

My next flights via BKK are early in May. Was just worried about the announcement of the election results on May 9.
No one can know for certain how this will play out. A simple transit at the airport is likely to be fine.

if you are staying longer, then you could monitor the news and Embassy travel advisories and test your appetite for travel. If you are a very risk averse traveller, think about a Plan B or refundable tickets/room.

Or just ignore things and deal with whatever transpires...
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Or just ignore things and deal with whatever transpires...
That would be my suggestion.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you!

In Thailand the fact they announced something doesn’t mean it will happen

Thailand holds the record for Military Coup’s but since they are in power & under the new & ingenious constitution likely to remain there, so probably everything with be just dandy

So we can all get back to worrying about which amenity kit we might receive
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:28 pm

Looking forward the the next version of the amenity kit: the Uncle Too ( with his picture on the front and one of his songs plays when you open it).
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:41 am

If you are a very risk averse traveller, think about a Plan B or refundable tickets ...
Generally, I am not a risk averse traveler and do go quite a lot to countries less developed than Thailand, but only in Thailand (despite the fact that coups seem to be a national tradition) a big international hub was shut down for a week due to protests in the recent past. The trip to East Asia via BKK in May is probably the most important business trip this year and I have to make sure I get there without much delay. If disruptions due to protests against the election „results“ were likely, I would probably return my TG J ticket and take another route.

Sorry for the OT question I had asked, sparked by the hint at a camouflage amenity kit. Let‘s get back to the much more important question of amenity kits now.
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by paolo64
TG944 BKK-FCO. The “clownish, Ronald McDonald” Mandarina Duck mentioned above.
Actually I like the colours: Imperial Red and Sunflower Yellow. It’s a keeper.
Glad you like the colors! I had the same reaction when I saw the kit on board - all I could think about was a Big Mac with fries!

TG 935/934 last week BKK-BRU
Outbound was MD, & inbound was Lacoste.
Both are fabric kits so there's some room to expand, with the MD kit being slightly bigger so I guess you could cram more stuff inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.