thai airways transit n connection

Old Dec 12, 18, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

thai airways transit n connection

Hi
I booked a flight for my client through a gds system for flight from Jaipur ( India ) to Phuket ( Thailand ) with a layover of 1 hr 15 mins in Bangkok.
Its same PNR with through luggage.
When I booked i checked on Thai airways as well but it did not show any notification or warning about the connection period being 2 hrs or more. However now its website is showing this notification, that the connection time for transit flight for domestic connection must be at least 2h.
Please suggest that if the passenger takes a pre filled form and takes the express line for immigration , can they catch their connecting flight in time
Secondly if they ever miss the flight, can i book them on the following flight while they are at airport and send them the e ticket. Will it be accepted at the airport.

I along with a lot of other agents I have been talking to have an idea that the immigration is done in Phuket , bkk is just transit and no immigration and thus the layover time should be sufficient.

Only TAT and Thai airways team could confirm on that.
Please do advise

Regards Priti
Old Dec 13, 18, 12:33 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
for international to domestic connection with checked through luggage normal procedure is as follows: after arrival in BKK go to transit immigration (conjunction A/B/C/D terminal) and from there through security to the domestic terminal; in Phuket passenger will claim luggage and go there through customs (this procedure is possible for various domestic connection like Phuket, Chiangmai, Krabi, Ko Samui etc.)
for this 1 hr 15 min is sufficient; should flight arrive late or passengers miss the connecting flight, TG will book him on the next flight to Phuket (there are many flights to Phuket, every 1-3 hour)
please note that this is possible for passengers with nationality that qualify for visa exemption or valid visa
As you seem to be from India I would like to mention that citizens from India do not qualify for visa exemption. If a passenger from India do not have a valid visa, he has to do a visa on arrival in BKK and it would not be possible to get a connecting flight within 1 hr 15 min
let us know about this if you need further Information
Old Dec 13, 18, 12:35 am

just to add: for domestic connections it is NOT possible to just do a transit in BKK and do immigration at final domestic destination. This was the case in the past, but they changed several years ago and immigration is ALWAYS at first point of entry
Old Dec 13, 18, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Hi

The travellers are indians who will apply for visa on arrival. So now what transot do they have to follow
They go to transit and there do immigration or what

pls do advise
Old Dec 13, 18, 12:44 am

thanks for clarifying
in this case passengers will have to do a visa on arrival in BKK and 1 hr 15 min will not be sufficient
for visa on arrival there are special counters in the arrival area but someone with according experiences (Citizen form India or China etc.) will be in a better position to explain the exact procedure
Old Dec 13, 18, 1:01 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
So, they will need to change to a later flight to Phuket. Alternatively, they can get a visa in India before departure (at a cost I presume).
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 13, 18, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Aparently most agents I have been talking to have said that they will be able to go through the transit and clear immigration in phuket. More so even a Thai smile employee.
It cannot be the same procedure as for people entering bkk. there must be a diff place for those planning to go through transit.

Can you also suggest, if I should let their currebt itinerary be as it is and provide a later flight ticket to avoid any last minute hassle or should i amend the current itinerary( its costing a fortune though and dont really want to do that)

pls do suggest

regards
Priti
​​​​
Old Dec 13, 18, 1:25 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
The process described above by BinSabai and Thai-Kiwi is entirely correct - if your pax get visa prior to arriving in BKK then 75 minutes is sufficient, but having to do visa on arrival changes the game dramatically. The VOA counters are well sign-posted in the arrivals flow, but I have never seen a short queue for these when walking past, especially this time of year which is peak season.

If changing the flight is either not possible or comes at a hefty cost, then getting the visa in India prior to the flight would be the best option - might be time consuming though.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 13, 18, 1:56 am
Original Poster

hi

so i have been talking to a few agents who have suggested that the client goes through transit and immigration is in Phuket , which as you said is wrong. Aparently even a thai smile employee said that the transit and immi in phuket.
Cant apply for visa in india as its not much travel to the date .
I dont want to change the original flight as its costing a fortune, can a separately book a flight for them from bkk to phuket, what do u suggest
Old Dec 13, 18, 7:00 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
If you book a separate flight and thereby skip part of the ticket, while the original one is in a single ticket, you will lose the return part of the original one. So donít do that.
Old Dec 13, 18, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Hi All
thank you so much for your advice
I should have been on this forum earlier.
You all have been so informative and helpful
I have finally rescheduled their flight to a later timing though its costed me quite a lot , but there is no bigger fortune than a satisfied client.

Will return to this forum and seek ur advices whenever i book the connections and otherwise too
A lot to learn yet from you all..
Thanks once again.
Regards Priti
BinSabai and SKT-DK like this.
Old Dec 14, 18, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Hi All
Once again , I was a bit curious about this , as pointed out if one misses a connection, the subsequent flights get cancelled
So if someone misses their connection , then to avoid the cancellation of further flights what should be done

Pls do advise
Regards
Old Dec 14, 18, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Priti Arorakapoor View Post
Hi All
Once again , I was a bit curious about this , as pointed out if one misses a connection, the subsequent flights get cancelled
So if someone misses their connection , then to avoid the cancellation of further flights what should be done

Pls do advise
Regards
reconfirm reservations
Old Dec 14, 18, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
reconfirm reservations
Did not understand that , so supposinly the client is at the airport but missed connection, then what to do?
Old Dec 14, 18, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Priti Arorakapoor View Post
Did not understand that , so supposinly the client is at the airport but missed connection, then what to do?
in this case go to TG ticket counter or TG check in or TG Transit counter...

Search this Thread