Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Transferring Miles to another TG ROP account?

Old Dec 6, 18, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M (SEN); TG ROP GOLD

I would like to send some of my surplus Ctit Reward Points or TG AMEX Membership Rewards to my husband's ROP account. However, ROP, AMEX and Citi all tell me this is not possible. Does anyone know a route to doing this or is it just impossible?
Old Dec 6, 18, 11:42 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
I have not looked into this, but for what it is worth I cannot recall any discussion on this topic in this board.

Presumably your intention is to secure an award under ROP. Buying mileage would be the usual way to top up an account if there was no other measn(flights, transfers from his own credit card balance etc).
Old Dec 6, 18, 7:26 pm

Spoiler
you can only transfer to your own TOO account, that means with the same name. Maybe you can book the awards separately from different accounts?
Old Dec 9, 18, 6:16 pm

Why donít you transfer them to your account. You can name your husband as one of your 5 award nominees then book him the required award ticket from your ROP account, thus achieving the same result. (Provided an award ticket for him was what you were after).
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 10, 18, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M (SEN); TG ROP GOLD
thank you all for your advice - the ultimate goal is to take advantage of his upcoming 50% Gold redemption as he's TG*G, but not enough points for the award he wanted. and i have tons in my account.

but yes ... it looks like buying miles will be the best option.

thank you all.....
Old Dec 10, 18, 11:10 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
I am in the same boat for Mrs TK for the same reason! Just need to wait for January to come....
Old Dec 12, 18, 7:49 pm
kkl

IIRC you can transfer amex mr once off to an account which doesn't match. The system will block the account for future transfers as names etc don't match but it'll work once before it realises
Old Dec 14, 18, 1:55 am

Programs: ROP/G, *G, SPG/G, HHonors G, 1865 Voyager, MP Gold
You cannot transfer points on your credit card (Amex, Citi, KBANK, etc.) to an ROP account that is not yours period. When you request for the transfer, they will check that the names match.

Only way to use your credit card points to redeem/upgrade for another person is to first transfer to your own ROP account, then assign the person as your nominee. Then you could use the miles to redeem/upgrade for that person.