Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Business Class Lounge - MEL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Thai Business Class Lounge - MEL

Do they have one?

If they use other airlines then which would you recommend?

Do they allow a business class passenger to bring in a guest (economy passenger with no status) ?

Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
1. No. TG uses other lounge such as NZ or SQ
2. I have used the NZ lounge
3. No. Biz passenger has no rights to bring a guest unless also holding Star Gold status
narvik and BinSabai like this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I would recommend the SQ lounge. The NZ lounge seems to lack character - bright and garish - and the food is pretty average (nothing like the NZ lounges used to be with their hot dog carts and other fun things).
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I would recommend the SQ lounge. The NZ lounge seems to lack character - bright and garish - and the food is pretty average (nothing like the NZ lounges used to be with their hot dog carts and other fun things).
The NZ lounge in Sydney used to be very nice, has it also lost its beat? Last many times through Sydney I have been banished to the QF lounge.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The NZ lounge in Sydney used to be very nice, has it also lost its beat? Last many times through Sydney I have been banished to the QF lounge.
Honestly, I prefer NZ lounge, rather than windowless SQ lounge.

Food is OK with SQ lounge, but otherwise it is fairly small and dark.

Why not to visit both (I think now SQ has extended opening hours as it also officially accommodates also CA passengers)?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
I also like the NZ lounge at MEL. They had better food and much more spacious than the SQ lounge.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
During breakfast, I prefer SQ more in MEL, but I always stop into both (NZ to mainly get a fresh coffee).

Note that if you have Amex Plat/Cent or Priority Pass you have access to a very competitive Amex Lounge or Plaza Premium Lounge. Definitely worth a visit.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by tracks
Do they have one?

If they use other airlines then which would you recommend?

Do they allow a business class passenger to bring in a guest (economy passenger with no status) ?

Thanks.
No, they don't - they use NZ and SQ. Last time I flew TG, the invitation was issued for NZ
I personally prefer NZ.
NO and I hope they won't change the policy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.