Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Finally some enforcement of the Priority Lane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally some enforcement of the Priority Lane?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It was at the right hand side of the arrivals hall where Thai fast track is to the left. I don't know if these are in the other hall as well, as this was the first time looking for an alternative....

By the way, what's with the "No tips" sign at immigration? Have I only just noticed these now? And has the influx of badly mannered tourists really reached a level where they are needed?
the "no tips" sign are there for some months. The new Immigration chief, who is very eager to get a certain coverage in the media, wanted to demonstrate with those signs his fight against any corruption in his area. Needless to say, he held a press conference when those signs were placed

Senior people over 70 can also use the special fast track in the middle between the two arrival halls as below picture Shows

Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Unfortunately BinSabai what the signs say and what the beaming Immigration Officers (welcome to the Land of Smiles) do are not necessarily the same thing. The passenger ahead of me the last time I used that lane was quite obviously 70+ and when the IO asked him for his card (the one I had been given because I was in J and he hadn't because he was in Y) he said in a loud voice "but I'm 74". The IO waved him away
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Unfortunately BinSabai what the signs say and what the beaming Immigration Officers (welcome to the Land of Smiles) do are not necessarily the same thing. The passenger ahead of me the last time I used that lane was quite obviously 70+ and when the IO asked him for his card (the one I had been given because I was in J and he hadn't because he was in Y) he said in a loud voice "but I'm 74". The IO waved him away
I will be curious to see if this will be the norm going forward so that it will no longer be a "but I am travelling with my 80 year old grandfather, so our travelling party of 20 people should be let through"-Lane.
To minimise confusion, I would hope that the AOT will implement a proper Fast Track for F and J pax, and a separate priority lane for BOI, disabled, the elderly etc.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
And implement Star Alliance Gold Track.......
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:38 pm

...at least clarify better and introduce some clear signage or even let crews of arriving planes distribute leaflets, who is eligible for which lane…
but there are not many airport, which are better, some just have only normal lanes and lanes for locals or even just normal lanes
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: BRK-B
Is it possible to exchange the old fast track cards with the new ones?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Is it possible to exchange the old fast track cards with the new ones?
I highly doubt it - as the whole point of them is that you hand them over at the immigration counter and thus, you are not supposed to keep them
(I know that does not always happen, but that is how the system should work )

They are paid for by the issuing airline, so I cannot see who should want to fund exchanging them.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
U
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Perhaps because of the loud voice? : -)
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:51 pm

I was waved into the priority/seniors line inbound ex Jetstar 29 the other night, even though I’m a bit shy of 70. So that was a fleeting, cheap thrill. Note to self: use some moisturiser and get out the Grecian2000.

Last edited by paolo64; Feb 7, 2019 at 1:58 am
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Agreed. However since losing Plat Status due to less business travel on Thai I have never had a problem using the Thai Business Class Secuity and Immigration when travelling Economy Class on Thai which I do only on 1 hour approx flights; same applies to my wife and colleagues (latter with no status) who have accompanied me. I have never been questioned so politely assume that as I have Gold Status it is OK to use above.

As I hold PR and can use the autochannel, usually I check how long the queues are (W and E) before deciding whether to use autochannel or Thai Business Class Secuity and Immigration, only for the purpose of reducing no of stamps in passport, as being a farang I am not so keen on waiting when there is an alternative.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by maerim
Agreed. However since losing Plat Status due to less business travel on Thai I have never had a problem using the Thai Business Class Secuity and Immigration when travelling Economy Class on Thai which I do only on 1 hour approx flights; same applies to my wife and colleagues (latter with no status) who have accompanied me. I have never been questioned so politely assume that as I have Gold Status it is OK to use above.

As I hold PR and can use the autochannel, usually I check how long the queues are (W and E) before deciding whether to use autochannel or Thai Business Class Secuity and Immigration, only for the purpose of reducing no of stamps in passport, as being a farang I am not so keen on waiting when there is an alternative.
last time going through the TG fast track, the Immigration officer wanted to see my boarding pass, first time in many years; and I heard the same from others.

but at least you and me are on the good side; I have the Platinum card and you have alternatives

on a side note: was TG not more flexible regarding limits to renew Platinum for a PR in comparison to other people?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by maerim
I assume you mean immigration inbound to Thailand? If so, I try in April when I return in Y on TG as a TG*G. Wish me luck...
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

I assume you mean immigration inbound to Thailand? If so, I try in April when I return in Y on TG as a TG*G. Wish me luck...
Sorry I meant outbound. Inbound I always use the autochannel.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Great_circle
Perhaps because of the loud voice? : -)
Possibly but if you have elderly relatives you'll know that some are too proud to wear hearing aids, consequently no listener is omitted from their side of the conversation
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

A quick update from yesterday afternoon - pleasantly surprised to see that all the BOI, families with kids, etc nonsense is gone from the big sign at the entrance to Fast Track (arrivals). It is replaced by business and first class, and there were even two ladies enforcing handing over of vouchers at the entrance. Progress! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.