Thai airways safety

Old Nov 13, 18, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Thai airways safety

hey! Was just wondering what peopleís experience with Thai airways is. We fly out of Brisbane on Friday to bkk. Also just wondering about their safety. (Also 1st time long haul, bit nervous)
any reply is appreciated
Old Nov 14, 18, 2:37 am

There were concerns about TG a few years back, but it's upped its game and was recertified to the international safety standards of ICAO. There's been a general improvement in Thailand over air safety after the threat of bans and the like.
Old Nov 14, 18, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Apart from when they were using an A340 (I think) with no leg room in economy to go to AKL a few years back, I'm always found them to be a very good economy class service. In particular the A380 in economy was pretty good.
royng likes this.
Old Nov 14, 18, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Yeah! Iíve read about that and have always wondered if they did, why arenít they ffa endorsed though?
Old Nov 14, 18, 10:14 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Moderator's Action

Please follow this discussion as it moves to the Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus forum.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Nov 14, 18, 10:45 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Fr3akyN1nja View Post
hey! Was just wondering what peopleís experience with Thai airways is. We fly out of Brisbane on Friday to bkk. Also just wondering about their safety. (Also 1st time long haul, bit nervous)
any reply is appreciated
Relax and enjoy your flight!!

I ​​​​​​ have been flying THAI since 1985, and hold no concerns.

In economy class they have slightly more legroom than many other carriers - although this depends a bit on which aircraft is used.

BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 14, 18, 10:54 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
agree with Thai-Kiwi
TG is overall a safe airline. Ratings are as well ok
Old Nov 15, 18, 2:13 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
I am VERY picky... But I am happy to use TG on my trips between Australia and Europe...
Old Nov 15, 18, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Air travel is overall exceptionally safe, so the odds of anything going wrong on any carrier are extremely low.

That said, TG, and Thai aviation in general, rates below the top rank for safety. Whether the difference is statistically meaningful is subject to debate, but IMO the answer is "probably not."

Search this Thread