Problem with OLCI

Old Nov 7, 18, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC silver
Problem with OLCI

Booked a HKG to HKT flight in J using Expedia sometime ago, flight was confirmed and money taken from AMEX account. Checked booking a few weeks ago and that flight was cancelled, went to Thai airlines and changed flights via BKK, everything seemed ok except not being able to select different seats, I guess due to using a third party booking agent? Anyway, went to do OLCI today , 24 hours before flight and I can’t, with it saying “warning, online check in is not available for this booking”and next to each pax saying restricted check in next to check in status and action : ticket problem. I’m obviously worried I’m not going to be flying tomorrow as I’ve never had problems with checking in for countless flights but having never used a third party like expedia to book flights could they have messed the booking up? I still have a confirmation direct from Thai airways for the booking on the rescheduled flights.

Last edited by I2sky; Nov 7, 18 at 5:02 am
Old Nov 7, 18, 6:54 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
if you have a direct confirmation from TG you should be on the safe side
sometimes OLCI does not work if they are not clear about your nationality and visa status (resp. if you qualify for a visa exemption entry)
even there was a hiccup and one of your two flight is full (unlikely as it is still low season and tourism figures to Thailand are down), there are several flights per day of TG for HKG BKK and BKK HKT

let us know what happened!
I2sky likes this.
Old Nov 7, 18, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC silver
Checked in, after a very long phone call by the desk agent to who knows where, then a 10 minute wait whilst booking was confirmed, looks like the itinerary change was the problem which is slightly annoying as Thai airways were the ones who cancelled the original direct flight. Anyway, all is well and sat in a very nice lounge in HKG.
BinSabai likes this.

Search this Thread